We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hana Accommodations (Hana Plantation Houses)

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hana Accommodations (Hana Plantation Houses)

We are looking for a one night rental in Hana at the end of August. I came across Hana Accommodations, formerly known as Hana Plantation Houses). The unit available is LANI MAKAALAE STUDIO .

Has anyone stayed there, or in any of the "Plantation House" units? Since we are only sleeping there, we are just looking for clean and affordable.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hana Accommodations (Hana Plantation Houses)

We have reservations there for next Febr (I am a planner :-) but that won't help you now. I checked the reviews and contacted a couple of people who had written reviews - got good feed back. Let me know if you stay there and what you thought. (I was interested because it because it was close to the Venus pool)

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hana Accommodations (Hana Plantation Houses)

Thanks, I will let you know how it is, if we decide to stay there.

Seattle, Washington
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hana Accommodations (Hana Plantation Houses)

How do you book a night here? Their website has information on rates but no contact info.... has anyone gotten around this?

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,604 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hana Accommodations (Hana Plantation Houses)

I don't think you can get to the "Venus Pool" without trespassing.

Cortona, Italy
Level Contributor
43 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hana Accommodations (Hana Plantation Houses)

Try telephoning Hana Plantation at 248-7868

Technically, yes, you are trespassing. Be wise, be respectful.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
51,118 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hana Accommodations (Hana Plantation Houses)

Aloha,

Don't trespass, please.

Orangevale...
Level Contributor
229 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hana Accommodations (Hana Plantation Houses)

Thank you for the note about trespassing! We are staying here June 10, 2013 & were going to visit the Venus pools, we'll have to plan something else now, do not want to trespass.

A sad note, the website for Hana Accommodations has several places on their "things to do" section that are trespassing, like red sand beach, and Venus pools.

Cortona, Italy
Level Contributor
43 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hana Accommodations (Hana Plantation Houses)

Go on up to the park and the bamboo forest, it is one of my favorite places there on Maui, a beautiful hike, there are lovely pools all along the path, it is a slow but beautiful drive from Hana Plantation, it has been awhile since I have been back, but I think you can do it in a half hour. It is sad that the owner of the land adjacent to the Waiohono Gulch where the path down to the pools just doesn't fence it off and let people go, it doesn't take away anything from the grazing land, it is just a thing with a lot of the local people, a love hate relationship with tourism. I do understand it, you can't even drive the road to Hana at certain hours because of the people coming to drive the road, but it is something you have to learn to live with, after all, most of the population of Maui, like it or not, is dependent on tourism or "oursiders". I would love to see Hawaii the way it was 100 years ago, I would love to see Hawaiian people not struggle to keep their land because of rising taxes, but you cannot stop time, there is always a down side to tourism, all you can do as a visitor is to try and respect the locals,their rights, their privacy.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hana Accommodations (Hana Plantation Houses)

We stayed there February '12. While rather "no frills" it was just what we wanted for the two nights we spent there. The price was right and it was clean and functional. The outdoor space was particularly nice. It was a little hard to contact them initially (but I, too, was planning about 9 mo in advance) , but we had no issues with the reservations. It was so nice to beat the crowds out to hike the Pipwae (sp?) Trail. Kris

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,385 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hana Accommodations (Hana Plantation Houses)

Alert ..OP is almost 2 years old..

just to respond to post #8, it's not about love/hate relationship with tourist. It's about liability issues when you fence off an area for folks to use. It's also about ownership and privacy.

We deal with this with our land and we aren't in a tourist area.

Thank you for encouraging all to respect.

Maui has more than enough beautiful areas that are open to the public like the Pipiwai trail you mention.