We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ANY ground transport in Hana?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
ANY ground transport in Hana?

I'll be flying into Hana Airport for probably a 2 night stay, maybe 3. I know Hana is very small with few facilities. Does anyone know if there is someone who does pick ups at the airport & drops into town or who does day tours in the area (not a RTH day trip). I can't find anything on the net, and no car rentals either. We specifically need some R&R so don't have too much planned except the powered glider trip (which is really sort of why we are staying in Hana) and maybe some snorkelling if the water is calm. If a day tour was available it'd be nice to see some of the sights but not essential as I could still do a RTH trip later in the week.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,001 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ANY ground transport in Hana?

Enterprise Car Rental has a partnership with Travaasa Resort in Hana. You can arrange a rental with the resort whether staying there or somewhere else in Hana: travaasa.com/press-room/…

p.s. Just saw your comment about possibly doing a road trip to Hana later in the week (after your flying trip?). If your stay is only a week or so on Maui, I would do just one trip to Hana.

Edited: 09 November 2013, 13:29
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ANY ground transport in Hana?

Thanks very much for that info!

California
Level Contributor
3 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ANY ground transport in Hana?

Rentals through Travaasa are about THREE time the going car rental rate for Maui... Not many options, I'm afraid. We decided to skip the flight and just rent a car from Kahului airport so we could get to the places we want to go...

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,339 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ANY ground transport in Hana?

Yes, you will pay a pretty price renting a car in Hana. It would be a shame not exploring the area while you are there. Snorkeling areas are very limited and surf rarely calm.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ANY ground transport in Hana?

Thanks everyone for your help. Much apprecimated. Yes it IS expensive!! $90 a day......

6. Re: ANY ground transport in Hana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2014, 05:15