We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast place in or near Hana?

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,185 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast place in or near Hana?

One of my sons is in Hana for a couple days with friends from California and their 8 year old, and they want me to ask TA where they might find breakfast. Not loco moco or like that, just a good breakfast.

None of them have been to Hana before and of course they haven't done much research other than a vague idea of caves and the Pipiwai Trail.

Where would you eat?

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
235 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast place in or near Hana?

Both days I stayed there I went to the Hana store and got some of their chili with rice. It was a good power breakfast for hiking.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,185 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast place in or near Hana?

Thanks, but they asked for a sit down meal. Eggs, pancakes?

I remember Hana from ten years ago, so I was dubious there is much, but things may have changed.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,185 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast place in or near Hana?

I looked through the reviews and I see it's slim pickings.

Do they allow regular folks to eat at Travaasa?

I also looked at Surfing Burro?

If they do end up at the store, I'm sure they can pick from that selection once they see what it is, but it's not their first choice.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,722 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast place in or near Hana?

It may have changed by now, but isn't there a ranch-house restaurant or some such? They used to have pizza nights. There was a little take-out place attached where we got full breakfasts.

HANA
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast place in or near Hana?

you are very limited for breakfast in Hana. The only real sit down is at the Hotel. Good, but expensive.You can go to uncle bills at he north end of the hotel or to a on wheels trailer, I think it's called the surfing burrito, and they have excellent burritos, coffee and pastries. You sit out side on wooden benches. It would be on the ocean side of the highway straight down fro the Hana Ranch store.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,185 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast place in or near Hana?

Thanks, Hanaboy. :)

That's confirming what I found in the reviews last night, but adds the details.

I don't know what the budget is at this point. They can certainly do rustic. They're from the country.

I'll relay the info. Thanks again for the reply.

Pzp, do you mean the Hana Ranch place? I think we are there years ago. When I stayed in Hana, we had bought groceries in Kahalui and fed ourselves except for dinner. We ate at Hotel Hana Maui the second night, and with that I think we'd covered all the places to go out to dinner.

7. Re: Breakfast place in or near Hana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 06:16