We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport lei greeting

Which Kahului hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Elk Grove...
Level Contributor
11 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Airport lei greeting

I see several previous forums on this, but nothing very current...

Any suggestions for which vendor to use for Kahului airport lei greetings?

rhode island
Level Contributor
805 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Airport lei greeting

I think lei greetings are one of the sweetest things you can do. My husband and I have been to Hawaii several times, and on recent trips started bringing leis home to our daughter ad daughter in law that we bought at the airport. Even though they were overpriced and it was a pain in the neck to carry them back with us, it was worth the beaming smile on the girls' faces when we got home.

This past January, my son and daughter (both in their twenties) came with us to Maui for the first time. I arranged to have them greeted with a lei from Ali'i at the airport. The kids had been talking about seeing old movies where people were greeted with leis when they arrived in Hawaii, so of course I had to oblige. It was truly a special greeting for them!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
46,777 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Airport lei greeting

Aloha,

My mom always gave me a lei when i was leaving which gave me something to water as the plane took off and I sadly watched my beloved home fade away....

Puddin, you may find some nice Kukui nut or other men's lei that are 'permanent', and therefore forever remembrances, too. Check out the craft fairs and some of the smaller shops like Maui Hands. There are some really beautiful seed lei as well.

23. Re: Airport lei greeting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2010, 05:16