We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to Lahaina for 4

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi to Lahaina for 4

How much will a Taxi cost to Lahaina from Kahului Pier POA cruiser?

Do not want to rent car,

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,434 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to Lahaina for 4

Give or take $100 each way. Don't you dock in Lahaina too?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to Lahaina for 4

Does not port on Lahaina Pier? Any other suggestions to get from Kahului to Lahaina?

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,936 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to Lahaina for 4

There is a bus -- not exactly speedy, and you may have to change busses. You'd be time and money ahead to reserve a rental car to meet you at the dock, especially traveling with four people.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,095 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi to Lahaina for 4

Parker - the POA does (or at least it DID) offer a shuttle to Lahaina each of their two days in Kahului. It's offered with the excursions. Probably a little cheaper than a commercial shuttle, and the trip is narrated - very interesting! Once you are in Lahaina - you can pick up boats for snorkeling, whale-watching, etc. Also can take the bus to Ka'anapali.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi to Lahaina for 4

I've already booked the Old Lahaina Luau. What the best way to get there and back to ship. How late does the bus run?

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
53,866 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi to Lahaina for 4

Aloha,

The bus won't work. First, the pickup for the one that goes from Lahaina to near the Kahului Harbor has its last pickup at 8:30...........down at the Wharf Center. That's earlier than the luau ends, and also about 6 blocks from the OLL. Second, even if you pushed it and went for it..........you'd have another longish walk from the bus stop at the Queen Kaahumanu mall to the ship.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi to Lahaina for 4

Any transportation suggestions from KAHULUI PIER (POA cruiser) to OLD LAHAINA LUAU?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,095 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi to Lahaina for 4

Perhaps I am stating the obvious (a talent of mine), but have you called the OLL and asked them about transportation? I couldn't find anything about transportation on their website, but if you call them, they may have some ideas for you. They may have a contract with a shuttle company or such. The POA shows up once a week, so I imagine that the OLL had dealt with this question before.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,953 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi to Lahaina for 4

You could probably rent a car for cheaper than a taxi would cost.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
53,866 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi to Lahaina for 4

Aloha,

Gosh.........sorry we don't seem to be giving you the answers you **want**, but no need to shout. You asked about the bus, and I answered. You asked about taxi cost, and others answered. Other mentioned the ship shuttles.

OLL does not provide any transportation to/from its luau, from any location on Maui.

Either try Executive Shuttle, Speedi Shuttle, the ship's shuttles, or give in and rent a car.