We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy Alcoho, beer/wine in Kahului before going to Co

Which Kahului hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Frisco, TX
Level Contributor
304 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy Alcoho, beer/wine in Kahului before going to Co

Heading to Maui in September and flying into Kahului and wondering where is th ebest local place to buy beer and wine to take to the condo in Waliea?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,540 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy Alcoho, beer/wine in Kahului before going to Co

You can go to Costco which is close to the airport. K-Mart and Wal-Mart are also close. If you want to wait until you are a bit closer to Kihei and Wailea, go up South Kihei Rd to Longs. You can also get liquor in all the grocery stores.

Frisco, TX
Level Contributor
304 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy Alcoho, beer/wine in Kahului before going to Co

Thanks ms. Curious, what are prices like?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,540 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy Alcoho, beer/wine in Kahului before going to Co

From one Bronco's fan to another!! I don't buy a lot of liquor so really can't tell you what the cost is. Costco will be the cheapest I assume. The prices at Longs are good too. I did buy a 750ml of Myers's Rum at Safeway here on Oahu not too long ago. It was on sale for just over 18.00. Maybe a bit more expensive on Maui.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,330 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy Alcoho, beer/wine in Kahului before going to Co

Even the ABC stores have an acceptable selection.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
926 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy Alcoho, beer/wine in Kahului before going to Co

I don't drink a lot when I'm there, so I'll pick up a small bottle of Captain Morgan and a large POG from Foodland and I'm set. Price? All I know is that it's a whole lot cheaper than Canada eh!!

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy Alcoho, beer/wine in Kahului before going to Co

We always stop at Costco first thing to pick up everyday wine (we bring a few bottles of "good stuff" from Oregon for nice dinners at our condo) and rum, tequila or gin for cocktails on the patio. Their selection is pretty good and prices comparable to what we pay (for wine) at our local Costco in Salem.

Edited: 20 February 2013, 22:28
7. Re: Where to buy Alcoho, beer/wine in Kahului before going to Co

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 05:16