We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extra Parking Space

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
815 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Extra Parking Space

Aloha

We may have two rental cars for a week in August at a condo in So. Kihei. I've just started pursuing this, but there is only one spot assigned for our condo, not two.

Does anyone know of ,say, a public parking lot/structure for overnight parking in Kihei?

Thank you for your help.

Kihei, HI
Level Contributor
502 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Extra Parking Space

There is on-street parking all around Kihei. It's not like Waikiki or Kaanapali. You should be able to park your car nearby. Where is your condo?

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,065 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extra Parking Space

i would think that there are also unassigned spots at the condo as people who live there would get people over visiting for the evening

Texas
Level Contributor
815 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Extra Parking Space

Our condo is Kihei Kai Nani, 2495 S. Kihei Rd. I realize there is a shopping center next door; also there may be guest parking spots at the condo, I think.

Thank you for your help.

Kihei, HI
Level Contributor
502 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Extra Parking Space

You're right by Kam II beach then. We can always find on-street parking there and I think it's ok to park overnight but check for signs. I would not park overnight in the shopping center, just in case they decide to enforce the "customers only" rule. There are also two small gravel lots nearby on S. Kihei Rd. that serve as overflow parking for the beach parks, one at Keonekai St. and the other at Alanui Ke Alii Rd, both across the street from beach. I think overnight parking is ok there too, though you can probably find a street space a little closer to your condo (if not an extra guest spot at the condo. . . better ask about the guest spot at the condo office because sometimes they prohibit overnight parking in those spots).

Kihei, HI
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Extra Parking Space

Parking spots are unassigned at the Kihei Kai Nani. Plus, the spots directly across from building #1 actually belong to Moose's/Freds. Not the spots directly in front of #1, mind you, but those directly across the main entrance driveway. Kai Nani residents and management dislike that these spots go to the restaurant and so will not mind one bit if you constantly snag one and Moose's/Fred's does NOT enforce any parking rules on these either. They are in kind of a limbo and generally used by Moose's/Fred's employees anyway.

So, there's the inside dope :))

Aloha :)

Indiana
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Extra Parking Space

Jane;

I've stayed at Kihei Kai Nani at least 10 to 12 times over the years. Of course, we only had 1 car. My first suggestion is to contact the KKN office and let them know you have 2 cars. I'm sure they'll work with you.

There is always plenty of extra spaces across the parking lot from building 1, towards the restaurant. The only time I've noticed those spaces to be full, is in the evening.

I'll also be in Kihei in late August and early September, but this time I'm trying out a different condo, Kihei Bay Surf. The rates were much less than KKN. I'll have to stay there once to find out how it really is.

Aloha

Texas
Level Contributor
815 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Extra Parking Space

Thank you one and all. Aloha.

8. Re: Extra Parking Space

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 22:18