We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kihei weather

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
54 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Kihei weather

Our family is planning our first trip to Maui. It looks like we'll be staying at a condo in Kihei. Do we need to find a unit with Air Conditioning? Is th weather hot and humid? Can you sleep comfortably at night without AC?

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kihei weather

personally would not consider a unit that didnt have a/c in at least the bedroom --- i want the option of turining it off if i dont need it and turning it on if i do

accuweather.com/us/…

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,126 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kihei weather

When are you going ? We were there in April and had no problems but if you think it will make or break your vacation, get it.

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
54 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kihei weather

Thank you for the advice. We will be travelling in June. To keep everyone happy, I think we'll look for an air conditioned condo unit.

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kihei weather

It really depends on what you do normally at home. If you go in January, the highs will be around 80, lows in the 60's, with dewpoints in the low 60's. If you go in July, the highs will be in the upper 80's, lows in the low 70's, with dew points in the upper 60's. If you need A/C at home in these conditions, you will need it in Hawaii.

CA
Level Contributor
736 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kihei weather

We never used the A/C. But then again the pool was always nearby for a dip.

6. Re: Kihei weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2007, 19:39
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
298 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kihei weather

Two years ago we stayed on S. Kihei Road with A/C and would have been unconfortable without it. This years we stayed in a home above Waliea without A/C and had no problem at all. We had a ceiling fan in the room and the trade winds in the afternoon cooled things off nicely. These vacations were both in June. I remember going into Lahaina both times and was really uncomfortable on the streets. There was no wind at all. I can't imagine staying in that area without A/C. Short answer-it depends on where you're at and what time of the year.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kihei weather

Stayed at Kihei Akahi last December without a/c and survived but had troubles sleeping due to heat, and we uncomfortable some of the time. You can survive without it, but would suggest having a/c.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kihei weather

We were there in June and although we had A/C in the bedroom we only used it two nights. The rest of the time we used the ceiling fan.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Kihei weather

Please get a condo with A/C!! When you come home sunburned and full of beach sand and sea salt you will want the A/C badly!! Temps in Kihei hit 90 last week and I was glad to have A/C. You won't pay more for A/C. Use VRBO.com and rent direct from condo owners instead of the management companies and save plenty. You will be shocked at the number of choices available at all price points on that website.