We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lei Greeting

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Topic
Lei Greeting

Hi, this our first time to Hawaii/Maui and I would really like to get a flower lei. I noticed on some of the sights where you can order a Lei and they will be at the airport to greet you with it. Has anyone had this and was it worth it. Is there any other place in Keihi or a Luau where you can get one?

Alberta Travelbug

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
70 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lei Greeting

Since it's your first visit, *do* get one and enjoy this uniquely Hawaiian greeting. My first and only was 29 years ago and I've still not forgotten it. I've used Greeters of Hawaii for years and have been well satisfied. Are you on your own or booked through a tour operator like Blue Sky Tours or Pleasant Holidays, etc.? If you happen to be booked this way, it's an inexpensive way to get one. Enjoy!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lei Greeting

Hi Sendme2maui, thanks for replying. We are on our own and that is why I was wondering if ordering one would be good. Do you have the website for Greeters of Hawaii or if I google search will I find it. Any other suggestions about maui?

Alberta Travelbug

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,570 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lei Greeting

leigreetings.com

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lei Greeting

Hi BrightonBill, thanks for your response I will try that site. What is your opinion on this question. Is it worth it and can it be done at 10:00 at night as that is when we get in. Also, about how long do they last if you keep them in the fridge?

Alberta Travelbug

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lei Greeting

I SO AGREE with Sendme2maui. Our first rip was in 2005 for our 25th wedding anniversary. I arranged for a lei greeting for DW and it was the highlight of her trip!! She still has that beautiful lei from leigreetings.com.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lei Greeting

Thanks so much for your response. We are going in October but I was thinking of ordering it today as the Canadian dollar is up to par again today. Do you think that this would be to soon. I wouldn't want to pay for it and then have them forget since it is so far in advance.

Alberta Travelbug

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
70 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lei Greeting

Aloha AT! www.greetersofhawaii.com. It's their business, so they should be willing to meet all flights and I know that they do meet flights at Kahului. I've used them over and over for 29 years and they've always been reliable and their leis have been fresh. I'd look at this one and the other one, too. The more choices the better.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
134 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lei Greeting

The first time we went to Hawaii, we got a lei. We had no idea we were getting that, but it was such a pleasant surprise! The next time we went, we just assumed that you got a flower lei as you got off the airplane, but that's not the case! I was so disappointed, because I loved it the first time! I would say definately get it! Have a great trip!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Lei Greeting

Hi Everyone, you just helped me make up my mind and I have already ordered them to be at the airport. I can hardly wait but it is so far away.

Alberta Travelbug

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
70 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lei Greeting

Way to go! October isn't so far away. Remember that the anticipation is part of the trip. And remember that, once begun, the journey is on its way to being finished. Maui is the most beautiful place in the world. You'll never want to leave. :)

Aloha!