We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keawakapu Beach and Hale Hui Kai

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
BC
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Keawakapu Beach and Hale Hui Kai

Has anyone stayed at this smaller condo complex on Keawakapu beach? Is this beach as nice as Kamaole III? Our children are 5 yrs old and a 23 years old.

We are also looking at Kamaole Sands, building #5, the vrbo # is 144941 - any info on this complex?

This is our 1st vacation in 10 years and we have never been to Hawaii so any advice is appreciated.

Thank you, Cheri

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keawakapu Beach and Hale Hui Kai

I haven't stayed in either place but it is a beautiful beach that is never crowded!

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
573 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keawakapu Beach and Hale Hui Kai

Toothfairy,

Kam 3 beach has taken a bit of a beating in the past years - there isn't alot of sitting space on the beach anymore - especially if the tide is up and the waves are coming in. Keawakapu beach is really nice - great for walking because its so long - there is even some half decent snorkelling near the Hale Hui Kai. It is lined with a few condos on either end but mostly it has frontage with private homes. Hale Hui Kai is a bit dated but can't beat the location. Careful which unit you get - the ones closer to the road are obviously more noisy. The other thing to think about is the central garden/accessway - the units open to this so it can be quite noisy.

Kam Sands is a nice place to stay - bldg 5 is behind the pool so it's quite a hike to get to the beach with all your gear unless you drive but the bonus is that you can't hear any traffic. The grounds are gorgeous - spread out with bbq's and large pool. It's all about whether or not you want to be beach front or across the street.

Have you looked at Hale Pau Hana? Kamaole Nalu? Royal Mauian? These places are all beachfront.

Enjoy you holiday!

lgw

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,287 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Keawakapu Beach and Hale Hui Kai

Quite a spread in pricing between these two. You are paying for location with Hale Hui Kai. It's rather old, with smallish units.

Kam Sands is fine -- a very large complex. The unit you refer to looks nice.

If you want to be beachfront, look at Hale Pau Hana, Wailea Ekahi and Elua.

If you want to be across from beaches, consider Maui Hill (midway between Kam III beach park and Keawakapu) and Maui Kamaole. I'm not positive about Maui Hill, but I know the Maui Kamaole condos are larger than most.

With the 23-yr-old, I might opt for the Kam Sands location because it is walking distance to some shops and little restaurants and bars.

Liberty Lake...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Keawakapu Beach and Hale Hui Kai

Have stayed at Kamaole Sands 4 or 5 times. Blg. 5 is a good spot. That unit looks nice. Must be on top floor, you should have ocean view. They have a childrens pool, if your 5 yr old doesn't swim.

It seems that Hale Kui Kai has no air conditioning and the walls are louvers. That could be noisy.

I will be in Bldg. 5 the next time I go, in Nov. Have also been in 6,7,10 and 4. My brother's family has been in 6,3,2, and 5. BBQ's are nice, grounds are nice. Bldg. 5 is away from the road noise, but you might hear pool noise during pool hours.

5. Re: Keawakapu Beach and Hale Hui Kai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 01:17