We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a 1 night Hotel in Kihei to finish up an 8 day...

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California/Bay Area
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for a 1 night Hotel in Kihei to finish up an 8 day...

Hello all, my wife and I will be vacationing in Maui in May of 2006 and I'm beginning to plan our trip!! We will be staying in Kaanapali for five nights at the Westin, then taking the ferry over to Lanai for two nights at the Manele Bay (a little treat for ourselves)...then returning for our last night prior to heading backto California. I'm thinking of staying in Kihei if we can find a nice hotel for just one night...we've stayed before at the Maui Oceanfront Inn on Keawakupa Beach (it's a Best Western...but a nice one)...but this time we'd like to treat ourselves to something a little more romantic and private....I'm not opposed to a bed and breakfast and I've looked at the Two Mermaids website but that just doesn't reach out and grab me....any suggestions for a small, quiet, romantic, hotel or B&B would be very much appreciated....Ben and Joy....Bay Area, California.

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
977 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a 1 night Hotel in Kihei to finish up an 8 day...

How about the Maui Prince in Makena? It's the last resort on the south side. It is a very beautiful hotel and the beach is gorgeous there. They have nice restaurants also located at this hotel (I like Hakone.) Also, the Seawatch restaurant is just a short drive from there and you can have a nice romantic dinner there. And also have breakfast at the Prince Court.

Hope this helps.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a 1 night Hotel in Kihei to finish up an 8 day...

Sounds like a great trip. My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon - one week in Lanai and a week in Maui.

If it was me, I'd opt for another night on Lanai! While on Maui (at the Four Seasons) every night at sunset we stared back acros the water at Lanai - wishing we were back there!

It's a rough transition between the two islands - Lanai is quite undeveloped and secluded - Maui is very developed and a bit more hectic. It depends on the type of couple y'all are, but for my wife and I, we enjoyed our time on Lanai much more than Maui.

Have a great trip! No matter what you do, it sounds fun.

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a 1 night Hotel in Kihei to finish up an 8 day...

Maui Prince or the Sugar Beach resort would be my choices.