We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping at the 4S?

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tipping at the 4S?

Do you find it necessary to tip the staff who provide the free services? ie evian spritz, fresh fruit, etc.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
531 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tipping at the 4S?

The guys passing out the fruit, ice water and evian spritzs will usually be the same guys that set up your chairs, towels, etc. at the beach and at the pool. We always tipped them when they set us up and then didn't feel it necessary when they came around with fruit and water. They go through pretty quickly so I don't think they're expecting tips when they're passing things out. If you order lunch or drinks, of course you'll tip again. You'll find yourself doing a lot of tipping at the 4 Seasons, but they really deserve it, everyone is great!

washington d.c.
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tipping at the 4S?

How much should you tip when they set up chairs and umbrellas?

Orange County...
Level Contributor
531 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tipping at the 4S?

We tipped them $5 (we had no idea what to tip either but $5 seemed like a good idea) each time they set us up, many people didn't tip at all. The guys always thanked us and seemed truly appreciative of the tips. Same thing for the valets. I'm not an expert on tipping so i'm not sure exactly how much is "standard" or expected. Hopefully someone else can provide some more info.

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,075 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tipping at the 4S?

I usually give $2-3 tip for setting us up with chairs/towels and umbrella. Am I being too cheap?

Orange County...
Level Contributor
531 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tipping at the 4S?

I would think that's probably fine for a couple, we've got 2 toddlers in tow so a couple extra bucks never hurts!