We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Topic
Weather

Hi, we are leaving for Kihei in 7 days and we can hardly wait. Can anyone who is there now let me know how the weather has been. We went last October and it was great but I did hear about a storm warning for the Hawaiin Islands. I believe that is over but was wondering if it had effected the weather at all.

Thanks.

Alberta Travelbug

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Aloha Travelbug,

As much as it may make sense to see how the weather has been or currently is, that really has little to do with what things will be like in 1 week. That said, since there is a moderately strong El Nino settling in, that does lead to warming and drier weather for the fall and winter. I also obsess about the weather before all my trips, but to be honest it does not really make sense to look at the forecast until right before you leave. Once a forecast is out more than 2-3 days, the accuracy greatly drops.

Here is a link to the national weather service forecast for the Kihei area:

forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php…

Make this one of your favorites, and refer back to it as it gets closer to your departure. Have a great trip!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,383 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

www.hawaiiweathertoday.com

Glenn does a great job with this site, you can also check div/snorkel conditions, surf, and besure to read Gleen's narative, especially the last part.

3. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2010, 06:16