We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kihei Akahi

East Northport, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Kihei Akahi

any comments on the Akahi, building D, 1st floor??

We are considering a late January visit.

are the pool(s) clean and decent sized??

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kihei Akahi

Kihei Akahi is a nice property for those on a budget. But as with any condotel, since the units are individually owned they will will vary from one unit to the next. I think that Building D is the one in the back. I have friends who live in C. If D is the back building, there is a pool right in front of it. It is not much of a pool, small, rectangular, nothing to get excited about. It seemed to be well-kept when I was there, but, it is kind of the domain of the small group of elderly Alaskan and Candadian snowbirds who spend their days out there. I went there with my friend, we poked our head in and went on the beach. The snowbirds weren't too welcoming of us whippersnappers. There is another pool toward the front of the property, again small, basic. But the beach is directly across the street.

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kihei Akahi

We just returned from Kihei Akahi - stayed in a 5th floor unit in building D. Have not yet had time to post a full review, but here are the highlights:

Plus factors:

Great location near great beaches and reasonably prices restaurants.

Building D is very quiet, in the back, away from Kihei Road.

Superb ocean and sunset views (but not from 1st fl)

Few annoying children except those visiting grandma.

Spacious 1BR units with full kitchens, w/d in unit.

Minus factors:

Window A/C units in living room won't be sufficient to cool bedrooms if it get hot.

Pools are small but generally not too crowded (mostly retirees).

Huge construction project behind D building - didn't bother us but it could get noisy soon.

Painting of building D exterior means some days with noise - constant hammering on Monday when we left.

I would give it 4* out of 5* compared with other condos, but you should confirm with owner that painting project will be done. If you are more "pool" than "beach" I would recommend one of the resort hotels instead. Not much of a pool scene here.

Get answers to your questions about Kihei
Recent Conversations