We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Wailea vs Fairmount Kea Lani

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Wailea vs Fairmount Kea Lani

We will be going to Maui August 22-27 and I am debating between the 2 hotels. We have 2 girls 12 and 15. Will be spending probably just one day at the hotel pool and maybe another partial day so we will be out sightseeing a lot. We will also do a partial day at the spa. It looks like the Grand Wailea are more kid friendly at their spa.

I don't want to be over run with kids and if I pick the Grand Wailea I hope most kids are back in school by then. I know most schools in the midwest and south have started by the time we will be there. Our schools here start Sept. 1.

Illinois
Level Contributor
952 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Wailea vs Fairmount Kea Lani

I haven't stayed at either but visited both while we were at the FS between them. Overall I think the GW is more kid friendly, although both have an extensive pool area. The GW's beach is just a hair better. Your girls will love either one, so go for whichever one gives you the better deal!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Wailea vs Fairmount Kea Lani

Your daughters (and you!) may enjoy the layout of the rooms at the Fairmont (suites) over the better pool at the Grand Wailea, especially if you're not going to be there much. On the other hand, there are likely to be a lot more children at the Grand Wailea, and guests who don't mind your kids being kids (anyone staying at this hotel should know to expect disney world over 'old hawaii').

You can always use the spa at the Grand Wailea as a visitor.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
839 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Wailea vs Fairmount Kea Lani

There are usually just as many children at the Kea Lani - because of the suites - as there are at the Grand Wailea. That one day in those glorious pools would decide it for me... If we tried to stay at the Kea Lani OR the Four Seasons our daughter would be spending her time "hanging over the fence" and weeping!