We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WorldMark Kihei

Oregon
Level Contributor
110 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
WorldMark Kihei

Has anyone stayed here recently and willing to give your opinion?Thanks, Kathy

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
59,560 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WorldMark Kihei

Aloha,

I had friends from the mainland there about 2 weeks ago. They said it was very nice, clean, and they felt it was a well run property.

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WorldMark Kihei

I have not stayed there, but stopped by there last week to look around for future visits and picked up a brochure. It was very nice. It is across the street from Kam I (one of our favorite beaches while we stayed in Kihei), so if you want something right on the beach, consider elsewhere. I would definately stay there in the future. The pool/ hot tub area was nice.

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: WorldMark Kihei

Yes, my husband and I stayed her for 10 days last April. And if it's encouraging, we haved booked another trip and are returning this coming May.

We are both late 20s/early 30s and had a great time here. We found the central location to be great for everything we wanted to do. We are both fairly active, and had no problem walking to most of the places we needed to get to. Short distance to Wailea and Makena for resorts and snorkeling.

The resort itself gave us everything we needed. We could only get into a studio, but for the two of us it was great. Fridge, stove, microwave, washer/dryer, cable tv, full bath. We loved the outdoor grills for steak/burgers/chicken, etc for dinners. We found ourselves waking up most mornings to hit the pool which frankly, doesn't really ever crowd up. There was a fair mixutre of ages...mostly families, but still very enjoyable for the two of us to sit and read by the pool. The WorldMark people were friendly and helpful as usual (we are owners). They were great with tips on local attractions and took our phone number when we arrived 3 hours early to call us when our room was ready. Very comfortable condo surroundings...not a high end hotel feel by any means. Quiet and clean.

I would say we were pleased, maybe a 4 out of 5...enough to go back in a few months!

Troutdale, Oregon
Level Contributor
377 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WorldMark Kihei

We also stayed there last August for 10 nights. We stayed in a 3 bedroom unit on the 4th floor with a view of the parking lot and shot of the ocean.

The unit itself was dated (wished I would have taken pics of the room), and carpet needed to be cleaned. Other than that, it worked out fine for our group of 6. It was great having our own rooms! There were little gnats in the kitchen, (some may call these ant), didn't really bother us just made sure all counters were wiped and food put away. The kitchen has everything you would possibly need.

The front desk was very helpful and I loved the "loan and borrow" room. Picked up boogie boards, chairs and towel mats everyday. On our last day, we left our air mattresses and air chairs for the next visitors to use. Tip: We returned our stuff at the end of each day, but realized other didn't do the same. Maybe next time, I would use it for the whole trip then return. Not sure what etiquette is in this situation.

The pool area is nice. Our son spent every night swimming until we dragged him out. Staff is always present to keep things neat and orderly. Decent work out room and computer room too.

Location is wonderful. Beach is across the street, stores are close by and several restaurants to choose from. Easy access to the main roads. We spent a lot of time at Maluaka Beach. Lots of turtles! Drove all over the island!

We enjoyed our time in Kihei, but loved our time in West Maui as well.

Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions.

Alberta
Level Contributor
768 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WorldMark Kihei

This is the first I've heard of this property. I've been trying to find a website for it. Does anyone know it? I keep finding websites for timeshares. Is that all that is available - booking a timeshare spot?

It's not right on the beach, but some traveling with us might like it if the price is right.

Troutdale, Oregon
Level Contributor
377 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WorldMark Kihei

We did get our room through a Worldmark timeshare that my dad belongs to. I'm thinking the whole resort is a timeshare. I guess you could call and check.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,670 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: WorldMark Kihei

That whole resort is Worldmark time-shares. All points...gotta know an owner, we sent our daughter there for her honeymoon and they really liked it.

8. Re: WorldMark Kihei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2012, 16:27