We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport shuttle services

aol
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Airport shuttle services

Possibly have had change of plans for Oct trip, hubby will be traveling alone due to illness in the family, staying 10 days at Maui Vista. He is looking for info. on a shuttle service from Kahului airport to Maui Vista, rather than using a rental car.

Appreciate any information on these services.

thanks, Ill folks

Mentioned in this post
Maui Vista Resort
Maui Vista Resort
328 Reviews
Maui, HI
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,880 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport shuttle services

Executive Shuttle and speedishuttle are two options if he really, really doesn't want a car.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport shuttle services

Shuttle still cost about $30 for one each way. So that's $60 given that car rentals on Maui are fairly inexpensive. There is also Maui bus. But I think they limit you to carry on luggage only.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Oregon
Level Contributor
4,368 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport shuttle services

I'm sorry about the health issues. You husband will be in walking distance of places to eat and a little less than a mile from Foodland for groceries. That can be a long haul when it's 85° in the tropical sun though. If I had 10 days all by myself, I would want to see all of Maui from Hana to the upcountry and all of the prohibited roads. Shhhh, don't tell anybody. If you are a Costco member, I looked up the prices with Alamo and a Costco discount and with all the taxes and charges, it is a little over $200 for a 10 day car rental. As he gets closer to the date of departure, the price may go down closer to the $100 range. He should be on a mission to take hundred of photos and make journal entries so that the rest of the family can live vicariously through his trip. Just my 2 cents.

Edited: 20 August 2011, 22:11
Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Hana
Hana
Maui, HI
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
271 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport shuttle services

Julauf:

Thanks for the Costco tip.

5. Re: Airport shuttle services

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 03:16