We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any boat ramp noise at Kihei Surfside?

Santa Rosa...
6 posts
Save Topic
Any boat ramp noise at Kihei Surfside?

Hi, looking for a quiet place to stay in Kihei. I received recommendations for Kihei Surfside. Noticed on the overhead map at maui revealed website that it has a boat ramp nearby. Just wondering if anyone has heard boats coming and going. I really want to be able to sleep in!

thanks

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any boat ramp noise at Kihei Surfside?

You should be safe from the ramp noise at Kihei Surfside. That boat ramp is tiny. I hiked past this ramp a number of times while on Maui. I only saw occassional personal use sized boats going in and out. And if I remember correctly, Kihei Surfside is quite a distance from this ramp. You will not lose sleep over this boat ramp.

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any boat ramp noise at Kihei Surfside?

We stayed right across the street from the ramp at the Maui Kamaole - we had an ocean view condo. Could never hear any goings on at the ramp and it really isn't that busy. Just a couple of small commercial boat operators use the ramp.

We stayed in the front of the "A" buildings here: http://wizardpub.com/maui/mrmauikamaole.html

The Kihei Surfside is much further away with a huge grassy area and tree grove between you and the ramp.

Edited: 03 September 2011, 05:29
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any boat ramp noise at Kihei Surfside?

The only thing you will hear is the surf hitting the lava rocks the noise from the boats will be hard to hear at all! Some people complain about noisy children or loud neighbors but at the Surfside everything is muted by that amazing ocean sound! We were very close to the waters edge so it was louder than some of the units that are further away... loved that wonderful lull :-)

Santa Rosa...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any boat ramp noise at Kihei Surfside?

thanks for the replies!

5. Re: Any boat ramp noise at Kihei Surfside?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 16:16