We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paki Maui or Papakea

Oregon
Level Contributor
42 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Paki Maui or Papakea

My husband and I are traveling to Maui in May with some friends and are torn between two condo's. We are looking at either Paki Maui condos or Papakea condo's. They are next to each other but we are more interested in staying at the nicer resort with the best beach. I'm sure the rooms are all nice but will be outside most of the time of course:)

Please help!

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
507 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paki Maui or Papakea

Location-wise, we appreciate the following accessibilities at Papakea:

- Long, sandy beach beginning right next door. We often trek down the beach to great boogie boarding and snorkeling spots within a few minutes.

- Kaanapali Beach Walk starting a few complexes down the beach. Either walking down the sandy beach or along the paved road will access the beachwalk that extends well past Whaler's Village.

- Supermarket right across the street, along with pizza & ice cream, Mexican, or Subway for quick eats.

You're probably looking at on-site amenities in your research. I encourage you to check out the reviews and pics of the two locales.

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paki Maui or Papakea

While individual units vary considerably at both properties, IMO, Papakea has nicer grounds/public areas and is the better maintained of the two. It is also significantly larger (by apx 300%, unit-wise,) but the units are structured fairly well in 11 buildings spanning ~13 acres. I'm not certain my preference for Papakea would justify any more than a moderate price increase, but I would certainly chose this location at similar price points.

Read reviews here & the various hotel sites, and make an informed choice!

Pomaika`i ! (good luck ;)

(not sure why this is in the Kihei forum?)

California
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paki Maui or Papakea

Another for for Papakea

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paki Maui or Papakea

Paki Maui is a cement building and the units are pretty clearly ocean front or mountain view.

Any beaches in that area could come or go.

Maui Sands is located in between the two complexes.

Did you comp[are these two to Maui Kaanapali Villas?

Socal
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paki Maui or Papakea

Papakea...slam dunk. Much nicer grounds and a slightly shorter walk to better beaches.(Note that there isn't much beach in either location.)

6. Re: Paki Maui or Papakea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 13:17