We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happy Hour Kihei

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
820 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Happy Hour Kihei

Hi all... did a search for this and came up blank.. so, we will be in Kihei Nov 3 to 12...

already have reso's at Mulligans for Willie K on the Wednesday. assuming he's there! :) and reso's for Kellii's kayak tours.. ( loved them ).. and that's it.. This is my 13th trip to Maui and most of the recent trips have been with kids.. now they are all growed up :) and we're going alone.. I realized the one thing I didn't know was "where are the great happy hours" where we can watch the sun go down.. nothing fancy..we're flipflops and shorts!

thanks.. and I love reading everyones questions and answers.. makes it feel just a short time away..

Hawaiian Paddle Sports
Scuba & Snorkeling, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Aloha Kayaks Maui
Kayaking & Canoeing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Maui Kayak Adventures
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Scuba & Snorkeling, Kayaking & Canoeing, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Maui Kayaks
Kayaking & Canoeing, Dolphin & Whale Watching
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Happy Hour Kihei

We always see Fred's Mexican restaurant full of happy people during their late afternoon happy hours. We have young kids, so we always have to pass. But I always wished I could go there for a drink. Fred's is across from the beach, so I assume the view and sunset are rather nice.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Happy Hour Kihei

Not sure you can see the sun from there as trees may get in the way, but Lulus has a happy hour

mass
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Happy Hour Kihei

Moose macgillicuttys has a pretty nice sunset view. I think its right over freds.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,665 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Happy Hour Kihei

Three's Bar & Grill and Monkey Pod both have 1/2 price apps and $3 drinks Three's 3 to 6 Monkey Pod 3 to 5:30.

We really enjoyed the kula pork nachos and coconut shrimp..so much it was oiur dinner. @ Three's

washington
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Happy Hour Kihei

our favorite place is the 5 palms great happy hour

washington
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Happy Hour Kihei

the five palms is our favorite but we also walk down to fred's

can not beat the palms

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Happy Hour Kihei

my favorite happy hour is at Monkeypod's. what i really trip on in Maui is you can drink at Kamaole 3 and watch the sunset. Killer place to check it out and many bring there wine glass' beers conch shells whatever for this sundown occasion. Beautiful lawn to lay a hali'i or blanket down, bring a beach chair or cooler cause you may wanna stay here awhile. Not allowed on Oahu different county, check it out maybe you see that green flash.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
820 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Happy Hour Kihei

thank you all.. we are staying at the surfside so were right next door to the Palms.. and I will be sure to hit 3's.. thank you, never heard of it before..

Moose's and Freds I have been to and will hit them for happy hour now!

I've never heard of Monkeypod's but will be sure to visit there as well!

thank you all so much!

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
969 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Happy Hour Kihei

There is an iphone app called Visitor Info Maui, that lists all the food and happy hour specials on the island. Also check out "Pinchit", which is an online coupon site similar to groupon that often has food specials.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
820 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Happy Hour Kihei

thanks Kitsura.. I have a blackberry and find the apps are crap on them! LOL.. but I will be sure to look at Pinchit and sign up there!