We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive restaurants in Wailea

Twin Cities...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Inexpensive restaurants in Wailea

In addition to one or two nights of fancey dining I would like i would like som good food that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks, kristen

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive restaurants in Wailea

Da Kitchen in Kihei, in fact there are quite a few reasonable places in Kihei, but Da Kitchen has great local food (served to go style) that is super reasonable. The drive is not bad - 10 minutes or so.

Illinois
Level Contributor
100 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive restaurants in Wailea

We just got back from Maui (there first week in February) and stayed in the Wailea area. We ate at Da Kitchen and Maui Taco in Kihei, both recommended by many, and are take-out kind of places. Da Kitchen was pretty good although the pork plate we had, the pork was awfully salty. (Maybe just an off batch that day.) Maui Taco was good.

We also had pizza at Cafe Ciao in the Kea Lani hotel which was good - the pizzas were about $20 each if I remember correctly. So kind of mid-range in price. They're baked in a wood-burning oven. The deli at Cafe Ciao is also very good - it is expensive but we found that the servings are so large, two people can share. (We shared a $10 sandwich.)

The one restaurant that we did not get to that was recommended by so many - Stella Blues in Kihei. It sounded like it might be a more moderate restaurant but not sure.

Mulligan's on the Blue was recommended as a bar-type place with good food but we weren't impressed.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive restaurants in Wailea

FA7, you probably ordered kalua pork, which is very salty. This is where poi is a great condiment.

Kryptonite, since you did not specify s price range, and everyone's idea of inexpensive varies, I will siggest a few places I consider to be good values. The new Fire Dragon Bistro at the shops at Wailea is very moderately priced and quite good, although they still seem to have serve problems. Go there a be patient.

If you go up the road to Kihei you'll find many choices. We ate at Italia d'Aroma last week and it is still wonderful and inexpenisive. I think they are the best Italian value in South Maui. South Shore Tiki Lounge has great pizzas. The new Cafe O'Lei is moderately priced for a nice meal. And the new Fred's has so-so Mexican for cheap. Real cheap. If you want better Mexican for a few dollars more go to Horhitos on Lipoa. Jaws Tacos is great too, in Azeka.

Twin Cities...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Inexpensive restaurants in Wailea

Hi. Thanks for your all your suggestions. They are great! Keep'em coming.

Thanks.~Kristen

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inexpensive restaurants in Wailea

Check the thread Maui Eats V1.2

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
130 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inexpensive restaurants in Wailea

We had lunch at Stella Blues. The mahi mahi sandwich was excellent for $11.

Seal Beach, CA
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inexpensive restaurants in Wailea

We ordered take out from the Fire Dragon Bistro in Wailea last night. The food was really bad and bore little resemblence to the menu descriptioin, even to the extent of the omission of some of the key ingredients. Seems strange as this place was recommended by hotel concierge etc. I

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Inexpensive restaurants in Wailea

A couple of places we would recommend are Maui Thai (Rainbow Mall) - excellent take-out Thai food at very reasonable prices. Also Bada Bing, great food, very reasonable prices, excellent happy hours too ($2 Mai tais). Highly recommend them and will be going back soon.

Kihei, HI
Level Contributor
502 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Inexpensive restaurants in Wailea

For more low-key and affordable eats, just head north from Wailea to Kihei. You will find tons of restaurants from fast food to fancy and in between along S. Kihei Rd.

maui
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Inexpensive restaurants in Wailea

Bada Bings is HORRIBLE...read recent posts!!!