We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Awesome Salad Bar

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
788 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Awesome Salad Bar

Hi folks.. heading back to Maui at the end of March and one thing I can't seem to locate is a great salad bar. I could eat salad all day, if I dont have to make it! LOL

we stay in Kihei so does anyone know of one down that way, or Wailea?

Thanks in advance!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,504 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Awesome Salad Bar

Ruby Tuesday will be opening in the Piilani Shopping Center (where Roy's was). Don't know if they will have their salad bar or not. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k507147…

Hawaiian Moons the health food store has a salad bar (next to Sports Page and Maui Taco) by the pound. 808 Deli(next to Fred's) has good salads(no salad bar).

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
788 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Awesome Salad Bar

thanks Barefoot... we were there in November and saw them working on Rudy Tuesday but being from Canada I have never eaten at that chain. I'm guessing they "typically" have a salad bar? We will definately check that out...

We will definately go to 808 Deli next time too.. we ate at the bistro and loved it!

thanks again!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,504 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Awesome Salad Bar

On the mainland, their salad bar is a big draw. Not a huge one but a nice variety.

The Sunday brunch at the Makena Resort had a fabulous salad selection but for $50 pp you would expect that.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
788 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Awesome Salad Bar

ya.. probably couldn't eat $50 worth! LOL... I never get my money's worth at those brunch's.. such nice food it's a shame! Now I guess I could sit there for a few hours.

thanks again!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
52,497 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Awesome Salad Bar

Aloha,

Ruby Tuesday's here is indeed suppose to have the salad bar. One reason you don't see them here much is the climate and the biggest reason is the waste and subsequent cost.

Whole Foods has a huge salad bar, if you're over in Kahului at some point.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
788 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Awesome Salad Bar

thanks SW.. makes sense.. I remember the salad bar at the Chart House in Lahaina years ago.. loved it..

we dont have salad bars here in Vancouver very much.. hard to find a good one... anyways, I will definately try Ruby Tuesdays... they were interviewing in November while we were there.. had a big sign up.. I wanted to apply and stay forever!

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,754 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Awesome Salad Bar

I wouldn't count on Ruby Tuesday being open by the time you arrive. Things don't move along at warp speed in Hawaii! LOL I'll look again next trip to Safeway, but it didn't seem all that far along. (They still have their "We're Hiring" banner up if you want to send in your application.)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
788 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Awesome Salad Bar

LOL, thanks ChiSue... they're supposed to open this month! were not arriving til March.. but you're right... slow and steady... I'll make my own salads! I like the one at Costco too that you add your own lettuce to.. the chicken and oriental noodles... yummy

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,504 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Awesome Salad Bar

Shelly, the Farmers Market at the Queen K Mall has nice and less $$ romaine and red leaf. Also cucumbers and long green beans. We pick up a Huli huli chicken on Sat. in front of the small church on the north end of Kihei Rd..

makes great salads.

Mana foods in Paia has a very nice selection of greens and veggies.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
788 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Awesome Salad Bar

thanks barefoot... love the huli huli chicken... so good... I'm hungry and I want to go now!