We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Maui

Tofino, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Maui

We are going to a wedding in Nov 2012 in Wailea - any recommendations for places to stay? We do like to do some light cooking, and would love to be on the ocean.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
50,276 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Maui

When in November? Budget? Amount of people? Condo or hotel? Define "light" cooking!!

Tofino, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Maui

I'll be more clear. We are going to a wedding on the 5th nov. will either go for a while before or after - so late october to early november. 2 people - have a slight preference for a condo - but really anywhere that would allow us to do breakfast (fridge, coffee maker, microwave would be adequate - plus basic dishes, utensils).

I do love to see the ocean.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,286 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Maui

Check out the Surfside in Kihei. It is close to Wailea, just south of the Kihei Boat Ramp, so you would be very close to the wedding. Heck, you could walk along the beach and the boardwalk to get there! The Surfside is on the ocean side of the highway. Most of the condos in Kihei are across the street from the beaches. ALL the units at Surfside are ocean view. They have a full kitchen. Laundry facilities are on site, no maid service, no resort fees. Free parking, two barbecues out by the pool. We stayed there last October and are going again the first two weeks in May.. vewwy vewwy soon!!!!

Check out Rosie's Rentals to see pictures of some of the units. Larry is great to work with. We used a WestJet package last October, but this time we rented directly from an owner.

PM me if you have ANY questions!

Tofino, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Maui

Thank you!!!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Maui

Some more places to check out..

Maui Rental agencies South side

mauicondohomes.com/maps_maui/kiheicondos.htm

http://www.crhmaui.com/

http://www.bellomauivacations.com/

http://www.rosiesrentals.com/index.php?id=145

www.rentalsmaui.com (Kihei surfside )

www.aaoceanfront.com

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
496 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Maui

I would book directly from owners - it has the great advantage that you know exactly which condo you will be staying in. Kihei Surfside is great - have a look at www.vrbo.com, search for the building (it will give you a list of condos available in that building) and search by dates. You should be able to tell if it's an owner managed or agency managed condo. And have a close look at the pictures. Ask about what recent improvements/renos etc. they've made. Have fun planning your holiday!

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
22,167 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Maui

I like this website for South Maui condos because the site manager has vetted each unit before accepting the listing -- no 'dogs' here: www.mauiownercondos.com

It sounds as though you're content with ocean view. (Me, too.) Look in Wailea and in South Kihei.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Maui

Adding to the list of agencies; www.aliiresorts.com

If budget is an issue then take a look at properties across from the beach - Kihei Akahi, Maui Banyan, Kamaole Sands, Maui Kamaole . If you have to be on the ocean side then Luana Kai is good, further north Sugar Beach. As much as I don't like the books, the aerial photos at wizardpub.com can give you a hint at the overall properties. We all have our likes and dislikes.

You might like Hale Pau Hana www.hphresort.com - would need more info to give specifics.

9. Re: First time to Maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 00:40