We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kihei Akahi Condo DG14, D Building

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kihei Akahi Condo DG14, D Building

My fiancee and I are heading to Kihei for our honeymoon. This is our first trip to Maui and we are looking for some more reviews on DG14 in Kihei Akahi, the D building or the Kihei Akahi complex itself.

Thanks!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kihei Akahi Condo DG14, D Building

I think your headed to D614, if that the case the veiws will be great, sunsets and the blue pacifc will make you smile years from now. We stay at the Akahi 2x a year and enjoy our visits and can't wait to return! I havent seen your unit on the inside so no insight there outside of its location, the property is nicely kept with great gardens and pool access. The condos have nice floor plans and you can cook as much or as little as you want. Your staying in Kihei, pretty laid back with an emphasis on relaxing and enjoying the beaches. A great choice to follow up the wedding and decompress from all that anticipation! Congrats you two!

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,165 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kihei Akahi Condo DG14, D Building

You may want to see aerials and read reviews on this site: www.wizardpub.com

We like South Kihei/Wailea. It makes a great base for visiting beaches and for doing sightseeing across the island at Haleakala, Iao Valley, Road to Hana. It's also very popular with Canadians!

Edmonton
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kihei Akahi Condo DG14, D Building

Thanks for the comments. The unit we were looking at is actually ground floor, facing the pool and bbq area. I think the Akahi will be our choice, we just have to narrow down the unit selection. I do like the advantage of the ground floor with easy access to the bbq area and pools, but a view would be nice too. I guess our biggest concern is that its clean and has a comfy bed. Anyone have a rental unit they can recomend?

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,165 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kihei Akahi Condo DG14, D Building

I'm sorry. You are not allowed to honeymoon in Hawaii without an ocean view! LOL Ground floor by a pool and the BBQ's will not be quiet or private. You can have a clean place with a comfy bed in Edmonton.

Seriously, keep looking. If you use the wizard site, start with Maui Vista and work your way south.

What's your budget? When are you coming?

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
479 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kihei Akahi Condo DG14, D Building

The west facing lanais in D building on the upper floors have some nice views, but the units are also warmer than those on the lower floors. You can always walk down to the beach, sit by the water and watch the sunset. Hope you have fun.

6. Re: Kihei Akahi Condo DG14, D Building

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Kihei
Recent Conversations