We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hale Pua Hana

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los angeles
Level Contributor
168 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Hale Pua Hana

Staying in Maui in September and looking at Hale Pua Hana. I understand that each unit is individually owned and want to know if anyone has stayed in unit # 20. It looks like it has not been renovated recently and am looking for some honest input on this unit.

Thanks for your advise.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,382 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hale Pua Hana

"Hale Pau Hana" (Easy mistake to make.)

Do you have a listing link? Is it one of the two-story units, or in the main building?

HPH units have bedrooms backing to Kihei Road or the parking lot. Some units have full A/C; most have it in the BR. Beautiful beachfront location; small pool.

Los angeles
Level Contributor
168 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hale Pua Hana

Thanks for your reply.. This listing link is www.hph.com/ and the unit is in the two story building. I also am looking at unit # 706 but I think this one is closest to the road and has a Kihei Road/beach view from the balcony, which is not that desirable. Unit # 20 probably has a better view but looks very dated and unit #706 has been remodeled but has a less than desirable lanai view.

I am concerned about afternoon heat in both buildings especially with unit #706 since it is the top floor of the main building. Both units have A/C in bedroom only, I think.

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
96 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hale Pua Hana

Be aware that the "online price" is for a run-of-the-house room, i.e. you don't get to choose your unit. If you call and book a specific unit the price is more per night. Are those two units what's available at this late date? I booked several months ago for Sept. and my "first choice" unit was already taken.

Los angeles
Level Contributor
168 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hale Pua Hana

yes, unit # 20 is what is left out of the low rise building from hps.com and #706 is from another website

Have you stayed there before?

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
397 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hale Pua Hana

is #20 on the second floor? there is no elevator in the 2 storey building, so you will be carrying luggage and groceries etc up a flight of stairs (just something to consider). Also, the dated interior may annoy you a lot more than a not quite so good lanai view.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
397 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hale Pua Hana

since you are right on the water, you would have a good breeze coming in off the ocean, so no A/C in the living room may not be an issue (as long as there are good ceiling fans). Have you googled the two condos, you may find reviews?

Los angeles
Level Contributor
168 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hale Pua Hana

your right about that. Thank you for your reply

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hale Pua Hana

A big advantage to the high rise building is that the 1 bedroom units all have 2 bathrooms. Not so in the low rise building. We spent a lot of time out on the spacious lawn and prefer riding an elevator to get there over climbing stairs.

I would go for the lovely interior and expansive view of #706.

Los angeles
Level Contributor
168 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hale Pua Hana

Thanks for your advise. Did you stay at HPH recently? I have stayed in many places in Maui but never near the Kam III beaches and thought it would be good for a change of pace and am looking forward to snorkeling every morning.

Thanks again

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hale Pua Hana

Please report back if you stay in #706. We have that unit booked for 6 nights in early December. The interior does look nice. We have never stayed in Kihei either and excited we can go snorkelling close by.