We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation rental in Kihei--4 adults 3 kids

Long Beach...
10 posts
Save Topic
Vacation rental in Kihei--4 adults 3 kids

hello there!

My husband and I are planning a trip to Maui (YAY!!) in early April and are looking for a vacation rental that will fit a total of 7 people (4 adults and 3 kids). We would like to stay in Kihei since it's somewhat central on the island. Here's what we would prefer:

-3 bedrooms/2 (or 3) baths

-BBQ area to relax and enjoy a couple of mai tai's

-maximum of $500-$600 a night

-close to a nice beach that the kids (and adults!) can go swimming -within walking distance (up to a 15 min walk) to restaurants/bars/shops.

Any suggestions would be VERY much appreciated!! And, if you would like to share any *must-do's* please feel free... thanks so much!!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,755 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation rental in Kihei--4 adults 3 kids

Are you familiar with vrbo? You can plunk in your specific dates, use the filter to input 3 bedrooms, and see what comes up.

Most of the condo complexes will have a barbecue area, usually two or three of them actually.

Must dos are varied, depending on peoples interest, and the age of the kids. My first must do would be the Road to Hana, but with 3 kids, I wouldn't bother. We took our three teenagers to Maui, and didn't even consider it. Having said that, your three kids might be just fine. You know them better than we do!

Give us the ages, and that will help a lot.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,422 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation rental in Kihei--4 adults 3 kids

In April I would suggest checking out west Maui...take a look at www.chasenrainbows.com

The added distance is maybe 30 minutes and the drive is gorgeous, so for many of us not an issue.

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,095 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation rental in Kihei--4 adults 3 kids

There are not many 3 bedroom condos in Kihei. Kamaole Sands has some and the location is good across from Kam III beach.

Shops and restaurants nearby in variety of prices ranges.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,015 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation rental in Kihei--4 adults 3 kids

Agree with the thoughts on not ruling out West Maui since it will open up a lot more options for you. Early April is a popular time and in 2013, Easter is on March 31st, so if your trip is the first week of April, accommodation availability will be quite limited. By mid-April, rates come down and availability increases.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,543 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation rental in Kihei--4 adults 3 kids

We love staying in Kihei.

Here are some rental companies

Maui Rental agencies South side

mauicondohomes.com/maps_maui/kiheicondos.htm

http://www.crhmaui.com/

http://www.bellomauivacations.com/

http://www.rosiesrentals.com/index.php?id=145

www.rentalsmaui.com (Kihei surfside )

www.aaoceanfront.com

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,755 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation rental in Kihei--4 adults 3 kids

Unfortunately, the Kihei Surfside only has one and two bedroom units. But then if you needed to rent two condos in the same complex, that would not be a bad idea either, given how many people you have in your group. I would almost prefer that!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,882 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vacation rental in Kihei--4 adults 3 kids

Another south side lover here!! You have a really decent budget, check out the Wailea Villa's or the Hoolei.

Texas
Level Contributor
816 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vacation rental in Kihei--4 adults 3 kids

Most condos have only one parking space per unit rented, so be sure to ask about that. Consider renting two smaller condos in the same complex. That's what we did a couple of years ago and it worked out fine; everyone is comfortable sleeping, you have TWO refrigerators to store things and two full baths, but can meet up in one unit for meals, etc.

Long Beach...
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Vacation rental in Kihei--4 adults 3 kids

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions!! The kids are 7, 9 and 11. I will be checking out all the the rentals suggested. Renting out 2 condo's might be better than renting out one 3 bedroom. We will be renting our own car and are planning on doing the Road to Hana and lots of sightseeing. My husband and I are also planning on diving every other day. Anybody know if a good dive company?

thanks again!!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,755 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vacation rental in Kihei--4 adults 3 kids

Lots of great diving companies there. I would be choosing the company AFTER you figure out if you are in West Maui or South. Lots of them leave quite early, from the Kihei Boat Ramp in south Kihei, or Lahaina Harbour.

We stayed at the Surfside and watched all kinds of boats leaving from the Kihei boat ramp very early in the morning. We could walk over there, right across the lawn.

Other divers will chime in with some great company names. Our son went once with a company in Kihei, but I don't recall the name of it. Their office was in the same complex as the Maui Quilt shop, I do remember that!