We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kihei Christmas 2013 booked

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kihei Christmas 2013 booked

We are booked for our annual Xmas in Maui family vacation. Anyone else planning a trip the same time? If so and looking to stay in a condo start looking now to book.

kalamazoo michigan
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kihei Christmas 2013 booked

MY husband and I are in the beginning planning stages of a 3 week vacation to Hawaii in Dec 2013 to celebrate my 50th bday! We would welcome and appreciate any advice you may have. We are thinking of splitting our time between Maui and another island. Condo vs hotel.. we arent sure yet. Any suggestions? Thanks for any input you can give us.

TnT

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kihei Christmas 2013 booked

Hola TnT-

Let me start by saying Happy Early, Early Birthday!! This will be our 5th year spending Christmas and New Years in Maui. Our family (5 adults, 1 9 y.o. and our what will be 7month old) always stay at the same condo in Kihei. Let me tell you how nice it is to be able to come back to a home and have all the food/cocktails ready after a long day at the beach. Where in Maui are you thinking?

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kihei Christmas 2013 booked

Did I really use HOLA?? Mahalo is what was meant. I'm ready for Cabo

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,368 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kihei Christmas 2013 booked

Congratulations and Happy 2013! Don't forget to book that rental car way in advance.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kihei Christmas 2013 booked

Thanks!! Thankfully parents will be there before hand to take care of transportation. Funny how you need to book a year plus for the holidays. We live in Southern Cali thats just as busy but not a year out busy

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,183 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kihei Christmas 2013 booked

HaHa...I was just going to say at least we don't have to deal with another visitor who can't find a rental car for Christmas! Good on you!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,183 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kihei Christmas 2013 booked

Sorry, and tlh...we far prefer condos! They make a huge difference in the way we travel...washer and dryer means fewer clothes and a kitchen means cheap breakfast and lunches. There are many lovely condos to choose from.

ohio
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kihei Christmas 2013 booked

We will be leaving shortly for our first Xmas in Kihei and I can tell you that when we booked in Feb it was already "late" many of the condos we looked at were not available. There were many with minimum stays over the holidays ranging from one week to two. The advice from this forum was very helpful especially about booking the rental car early.

We love condos but I understand now from this forum that actually using the kitchen is optional:)

Congrats and enjoy!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kihei Christmas 2013 booked

Christmas in Kihei, ahhh..............some of my most favorite Christmas memories were made there!!

tlh2577, start a thread, we would love to help you!!

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kihei Christmas 2013 booked

Now time to start pricing flights. Still to far out but been checking for this Christmas around Oct and the lowest so far was around 600. Hope to find flights cheaper since we have so much time.