We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Menehune Shores

Grande Prairie...
3 posts
Save Topic
Menehune Shores

We don't know where to stay in Maui. Should we stay at Memehune Shores?

Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Menehune Shores

Cindy.....giving us more information would make it easier to help you find a place to stay on Maui. When are you visiting, what is your nightly budget ($$$), how many people are you traveling with and how many nights? What are your interests while on island?

We have stayed next door to Menehune Shores many times, at Koa Lagoon, over the past five years. We like that area of Kihei because it is quieter, the view is amazing and the grounds are peaceful and lovely. The location makes it easier and quicker to get everywhere we want to be on the island. We have never stayed at Menehune Shores. Have you read the reviews?

More information would be helpful. :-) Deb

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
253 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Menehune Shores

Hi Cindy, We are by no means frequent visitors to Kihei, but certainly will be. I don't even know where Menehune Shores is, but our recent vacation returning the first week of December, had proven to us, we couldn't have been happier than in the Kam 2 area. After maybe 40 winter getaways to Mexico, this vacation out did them all, and less expensive. I should explain, we are frugal travellers for 2 reasons. One, we can do more while in an area, and two, we can return sooner. We really did our research prior to booking anything, and when we pushed the Book It button, we were very lucky. Our condo was spectacular, 200 feet from the beach, had a water view, yet on the ground floor, it couldn't have been better. We learned so much on that 12 day stay, we could return in 6 months and get around like it was yesterday. If you want any specifics, PM me and I will give some great ideas. I won't do it here, because I don't know how busy people want to be. Hope you understand.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Menehune Shores

We were just there for almost 3 weeks in 3 separate units. All of us enjoyed our time and the amenities very much, especially considering the reasonable price.

Do you have any specific questions or unit in mind?

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Menehune Shores

Like letsgotohawaii, we love this area of Kihei for all the same reasons. In '07, DS and DIL stayed at Menehune Shores while we stayed at our usual haunt 3 doors south at the Luanna Kai. Their room (#311) was superior to ours and the view was to die for. However, while quite beautiful and well cared for, the grounds are VERY small and the pool area, in addition to being located on the windy side of the resort, is even smaller.

Level Contributor
731 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Menehune Shores

We are staying at Menehune Shores this February for the 4th time. Our children and grandchildren will be there too. There is a nice little beach on lagoon next to the complex which is great for young children. We have stayed in 2 different units, rented through Menehune Reservations and vrbo. The units vary a great deal depending if they have been renovated or not. We like the 2 bedroom units because the master is at the front of the unit with ocean views and breezes.

6. Re: Menehune Shores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2013, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Kihei
Recent Conversations
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor