We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This week's Kihei weather

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
804 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
This week's Kihei weather

We are in Kihei just til Thursday (but all is not lost, then we move to West Maui!). However, we would like to maximize our snorkelling in South Maui in the next few days ....if possible. I'm reading various weather report sources, and of course they are all different! Anyone want to hazard a guess as to the best mornings for snorkelling over the next few days? We will be out the door before 9 this morning, hope to go to 2 places before noon.

Also, it there are high winds, and/or rain, is doing the Road to Hana still a good idea?

Next year we will stay in Kihei longer -- there are so many snorkelling spots we like!

Texas
Level Contributor
815 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This week's Kihei weather

You are posted on the wrong island's web site--you are on Oahu rather than Maui! Get our early as you are doing; that's the best thing to do re snorkeling.

Edited: 04 February 2013, 16:26
Texas
Level Contributor
815 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: This week's Kihei weather

Oooops--I made a mistake, sorry--apparently I was on the total Hawaii forum, not Oahu, as I thought, so sorry.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
49,829 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: This week's Kihei weather

Aloha,

Jane.........according to my screen this is on the Maui forum.

Taylor, there's currently a high wind advisory up for Haleakala and also Lana'i. There have been high winds off and on everywhere though, for the last day or so. Prob going to continue for another day.

I would stay away from Haleakala and prob also the RTH, until this dies down some.

Ontario
Level Contributor
804 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: This week's Kihei weather

thanks. It's all good.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: This week's Kihei weather

You are in luck. The surf reports I've seen put the south shores as the best for the next couple of days. Go snorkeling and have fun!!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,316 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: This week's Kihei weather

You can check Glenn's dive and snorkel reports here www.hawaiiweathertoday.com/dive-and-snorkel/

He's showing Kihei surf report as 1/2 ft so snorkeling should be good.

Have fun snorkeling. You have the right idea, early is good. We like to leave between 7:30 and 8 to head to snorkel. sometimes the winds can pick up by 10, especially when you are having conditions like you are experiencing.

Ontario
Level Contributor
804 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: This week's Kihei weather

Thanks folks. So we were in the water by 9 this a.m. at Ulua. Then we could not tear ourselves away from the beach til almost noon, at which time we went to Makena Landing. The water had become murky but we still enjoyed our swim. Both these spots are so gorgeous, we are thinking of going back tomorrow, just doing them in reverse order. The day before we went to Ahihi. Any suggestions for our last day of snorkelling in Kihei?

8. Re: This week's Kihei weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2014, 06:16