We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spam Musubi in Kihei?

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
969 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Spam Musubi in Kihei?

Looking for a great spam musubi in the Kihei area. Da Kitchen menu shows it only available at the Kahului location. Any suggestions?

12 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Spam Musubi in Kihei?

The whole point of Spam Musubi is that they are a to go food, not a sit down in a restaurant food. They are almost the peanut butter and jelly sandwich of a different dimension--I mean this in a good way. They are almost just as yummy five hours later as they are just made and still safe to eat five hours later.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
969 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Spam Musubi in Kihei?

LOL, we actually had a Hawaii themed get together the other night... POG with Captain Morgan to drink, Huli Huli chicken, spam musubi and mac salad. We have enough of those shell leis that you get at Hilo Hatties and luau's for everyone to wear, it was great.

Thanks for all the spots, I will find a spam musubi somewhere (even a drive to Kahalui to Da Kitchen for their deep fried version). My reason for wanting fresh made is that I recently had a kidney transplant and I am on imunosuppressant drugs and eating food items that have been left out for longer periods of time can make me sick. I also can't eat raw anymore so my tuna poke is a thing of the past. :(

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Spam Musubi in Kihei?

Hey maybe if you ask at Foodland they will make some up for you.

My husband loves spam musubi I like the spam and rice I just don't like the nori. Don't do poke either but I know my daughter will probably love it on our trip in june.

Seattle
Level Contributor
910 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Spam Musubi in Kihei?

I grew up with my dad making fried spam sandwiches on the weekends. He LOVES it, but I think is embarrassed in these healthful eating days to even buy it at the store. I'm going to need to plan another trip to Hawaii bringing him with us just so he can indulge in the Island spam culture. He'll be in heaven!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,425 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Spam Musubi in Kihei?

Badger...every day in elementary school my lunch consisted of a spam sandwich on wonder bread, and an orange drink. Post war specials! I survived and now exhist on tofu and oatmeal...unless I'm on Maui!

My son now, after 2 years at UH, always has to make Spam and eggs for breakfast at least once on our trips! If he's not there I sneak off for a standard McDonald's breakfast!

My last TR included a major hunt for Spam Musubi...bottom line, go early before they sell out!

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Spam Musubi in Kihei?

It's "convenience food", to go style

Seattle
Level Contributor
910 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Spam Musubi in Kihei?

Oh, Mamma! Connecting thru spam! For me--besides it reminding me of my dad--it brings Monty Python to mind. On the other hand... Wonder Bread! Builds strong bodies 12 ways or something like that. While I fondly remember pb&j (or Fluff!) on Wonder, my fave is Miracle Whip egg salad on Wonder Bread. Still an Easter staple in my family! ( but being from Wisconsin, we never anything to drink other than the 4 cent carton of milk)

Edited: 06 April 2013, 05:29
18. Re: Spam Musubi in Kihei?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2014, 05:17