We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Kihei

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oceanside...
Level Contributor
161 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
South Kihei

I have made 10 trips to Maui since 1998, and have stayed at The Whaler for most of them. (we did spend a month at the Kihei Bay Vista.) I would like to rent a condo in South Kihei that is on par with The Whaler. I will most likely go with VRBO. Anyone have any ideas?

TKS

oregon
Level Contributor
306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: South Kihei

We have stayed in south Kihei on 3 trips to Maui - two times at the Surfside and once at Hale Pau Hana. We were very happy with both complexes - pretty equally. We have never stayed at the Whaler so hard to compare but my guess is that you would find something more on par with the Whaler in Wailea.

Mentor, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
887 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South Kihei

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/maui/mau…

Great website!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,316 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South Kihei

Look at listings on this site: http://mauiownercondos.com/ Makena and Wailea are more upscale than Kihei condos.

What things about the Whaler are you looking for? location on beach/board walk? rooms with views?

Polo Beach Club

Makena Surf

Wailea Elua

Wailea Beach Villas

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
161 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South Kihei

I never really thought that the Whaler was really upscale. Places on Kaanapali beach I figured upscale are the Alii, and Marriott Ocean Beach. I always thought of the Whaler a nice quiet place. As long as you are not facing the Village. We stayed a month in Kehei at the Bay Vista. I just remember there looked to be some nice places down by Moose McGillycuddy's , and its nice to get suggestions from people that have stayed in them. I am going to look at the places that have been suggested, I am sure I will find a nice place.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,316 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South Kihei

Then add to your search some of the condos at the south end of Kihei Rd, Maui Kamaole, Kamaole Sands, and Maui Hill.

I have visited folks in a 1 BR at Maui Kamaole. Beautiful grounds, very nice unit.

Check post 3 for pic and report on a Maui Hill unit. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60632-i109-k64868…

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
945 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: South Kihei

I always stay at the Hale Pau Hana. I always save a bit by booking through Ali'i Resorts rather than through Hale Pau Hana directly, however Ali'i only has 2 units there and can book up well in advance.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,316 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: South Kihei

Royal Mauian is oceanfront between Kam I and Kam II, there was a nice report on it the other day.

Kihei Surfside , oceanfront on the south end has faithful followers. I don't know if all the units have A/C, be sure and check.

8. Re: South Kihei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 05:16