We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Month - Mid March to April 2014

Which Kihei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
138 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
One Month - Mid March to April 2014

Looking for your help...We've been to Molokai and Punalu'u, Oahu a few times and are looking for a place to rent a condo for a month in the area of Kihei. There will only be 2 people at a time(first 2 weeks with a girlfriend and the last 2 weeks with my husband) and we're only interested in booking a one bedroom and definitely not a studio. Ideally it would be on Sugar Beach or just across the street from a beach as appealing(for long walks). We'll have a car for the entire time...we've never been to Maui before...our budget is low, no more than $150 a night...Looking forward to hearing from the experts. Thanks in advance!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One Month - Mid March to April 2014

You might want to check out Maalaea. Especially if you want Sugar Beach for walking. We've booked a two bedroom at Lauloa for Jan-Feb 2014. We chose Maalaea because the prices were so good. You're a bit more isolated but you'll have a car. All the condos are located between the Marina and the North end of Sugar Beach. It's a quiet area but walking distance to a couple of restaurants, the Ocean Center, and the shops at the marina. Go to vrbo.com and put Maalaea into the search engine and see what you come up with. You should be able to find something in your price range. I'm really looking forward to watching whales from my lanai and long morning walks with my coffee down Sugar Beach.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
226 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Month - Mid March to April 2014

We enjoy a bit more hustle and bustle, so prefer S. Kihei, just North or South of Fred's. 808. and Mooses. Rents are 150 and lower. Sugar Beach is pretty bland.

chicago area
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One Month - Mid March to April 2014

Whatever you decide, I would move quickly, many places already booked solid for early next year and yes, some places already booked for Jan./Feb. of 2015!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,342 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Month - Mid March to April 2014

You will love Sugar Beach, I used to live in the area. Not bland at all and so much more laid back then being in the center of Kihei Town.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,466 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: One Month - Mid March to April 2014

Get cracking! This is high season, and many condos are already booked by a combination of snowbirds and whale watchers. TODAY, reserve your rental car, then dedicate time to finding your lodging.

Kihei is a long stretch along the ocean, north to south. Your budget is low, even given a possible 10% reduction for renting 28+ nights. Cheaper areas are North Kihei and Maalaea. Central Kihei is mostly residents. South Kihei is along the good Kamaole Beaches. You ARE right about the Sugar Beach being good for *walking*.

This site has aerials and reviews: www.hawaiirevealed.com

6. Re: One Month - Mid March to April 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 06:16