We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Mauian unit 114

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Mauian unit 114

Looking at this unit for 4 adults in May 2014. Have read some reviews - and watched some youtube videos - with terrible construction noise. Does anyone know if this is still an issue? Also read about garbage trucks every morning waking people. Would this affect our unit right by the pool, facing the beach?

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,510 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Mauian unit 114

Bump, can someone help with this?

Do you have a building floor plan to see if your unit has bedrooms on the backside and can view the parking lot?

Send an email to the owner to see how often the garbage trucks run for this complex. it might only be twice a week. Also ask if the bedroom overlooks the parking lot (where the trash containers are located.)

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Mauian unit 114

Good advice, barefoot. Thanks so much:)

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
969 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Mauian unit 114

at the Royal Mauian, the 2nd bedroom faces the car park, the master bedroom faces the ocean. I don't know where the construction noise would be coming from unless one of the adjoining units is undergoing a reno. There was a big reno at the HPH next door that went on for about 3 years, however it never really bothered us as I found the workers seemed to show up around 10-11 am and were gone by 2 (no wonder it took 3 years). If you find there is a reno going on during the day, just head down to Kam I or walk through the path to Kam II and you won't hear anything.

I always stay next door at either the Kamaole Nalu or the Hale Pau Hana, and as far as the garbage trucks, I am always up and sitting on the lanai drinking coffee by the time they come by. The garbage days were different than the recycling days, so we had the trucks come by I think either 2 or 3 times a week.

Honestly though, I don't recall ever concerning myself with the noise from the garbage trucks or construction, so it shows how much it distracted from my vacation. (not at all)

4. Re: Royal Mauian unit 114

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 05:18