We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus transportation

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
226 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Bus transportation

We will rent a car during our next visit, but we both agree, jumping on a bus and heading a few miles north to go out for dinner or one of the many happy hours would be a change. Taking a bus up to Maalaea or Lahaina for lunch would also be fun, to us. Last trip the parking at Lahaina was not only difficult to find, but cost more than my first house.

I have seen buses go past our condo, so know they exist. Just wondering about the schedule. Maybe someone out there can post a link?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,888 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus transportation

All I had to do was google Maui Bus!! Have fun!!

http://www.mauicounty.gov/index.aspx?NID=605

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus transportation

The bus is well used. On Some routes it is hard to get on board. They load monthly pass holders first.

We had friends in our cottage and they were here for 6 months. They bought passes and they went house hunting all over the place. They love people watching and found the bus pretty entertaining. They did buy a house in Central Maui and bought a car too.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,093 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus transportation

Get the day pass for $4.00. More economical as there are no transfers like you get in Vancouver. Otherwise you pay $2.00 every time you get on the bus. A fantastic deal for a day pass!

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
226 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus transportation

Thanks for all the info. After looking at the schedule, I think we will do what we always do in strange places, wait until a bus comes along. We have found, that eventually, we learn the ropes. The daily pass looks like the way to go, by far.

saskatoon
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus transportation

Any idea of how much a monthly pass is and where you can get them?

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
22,633 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus transportation

Aloha,

http://www.mauicounty.gov/index.aspx?NID=605

$45

saskatoon
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus transportation

Thx!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus transportation

Have fun

9. Re: Bus transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2014, 04:17