We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allsave Car Rental Maui

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Allsave Car Rental Maui

Someone asked previously about this company, but the thread was closed. Here is my recent review:

Expect to wait at airport a long time for pick up. Even though we called their office as soon as plane landed (was still in my seat) we still waited over an hour to get picked up. (BTW their Kihei office is only 30 mins away) Multiple calls to their office, promising call from driver on ETA....Never got one, until he was right in front of us!

Also expect to wait a while at office to do paperwork and safety check on vehicle. I'm talking about 3 hours from time of call for pick up, until drive away with rental. Office is at a used car lot in Kihei.

Vehicle rented was late model Mustang convertible, received Honda Accord, took 4 days and 2 car swaps to finally get vehicle requested.

Vehicles are pretty beat up as well. Look like they are purchased from other rental companies, when they are too tired and worn out.

Only major positive is price is cheaper then other rental companies around, but based on headache factor, I would have rather paid more to deal with more professional company.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,015 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allsave Car Rental Maui

Thanks for the feedback as it might be helpful to others when choosing a rental company.

Good that you looked at the positive side of it, but any savings were probably offset by the cost of extra mai tai's to deaden the headache :)

Hope the rest of the trip was fun and that you had a great time on Maui!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allsave Car Rental Maui

Good info Ryan. I too hope the rest of the trip was enjoyable. Any highlights?

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allsave Car Rental Maui

Our condo rental was a highlight. Renovated unit #311 at Sugar Beach. http://www.vrbo.com/367785

Nice to be right on the water and hear the crashing waves all night.

Also a fantastic dinner at Sarento's on the Beach https://www.facebook.com/Sarentos

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,760 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Allsave Car Rental Maui

I love Sarento's! Did they have the binoculars on the table? See any whales?

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
24,705 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Allsave Car Rental Maui

Aloha,

Sounds like a bad experience.

I hope they adjusted the chargessince they gave you a lesser car for a while.

Mahalo for the report.

Aloha

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Allsave Car Rental Maui

Didn't see any binoculars, but we were there at sunset. We saw a tonne a whales during the trip though.

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Allsave Car Rental Maui

jet83, yes they gave us the mustang at the lower rate for the whole rental period.

Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Allsave Car Rental Maui

We actually had a great experience with Allsave. We did not book in advance, but instead used our hotel concierge for an ad hoc booking after we determined we wanted a car for a few days.

Allsave picked us up at the appointed time, brought us to their office, rented the car within 10 minutes, and we were off. Return was equally simple.

The car was a new Kia that was clean and ran well. No dents or other cosmetic defects.

The price was less than half of the next nearest national brand.

Edited: 25 December 2014, 15:57
9. Re: Allsave Car Rental Maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2015, 05:17