We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kaanapali beach club

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
65 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
kaanapali beach club

has anyone stayed here? we booked our stay in maui here and i have read mixed reviews, we're not picky people so hopefully it will be fine, i've heard that they have redone most of the rooms. 10 days left!!!!!!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,837 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kaanapali beach club

sorry, I haven't but have a great trip to maui.

Chicago
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: kaanapali beach club

Hi, we stayed there this past December and had a great time. I do have to say we did not spend much time here though. Our room was remodeled and beautiful. It was a corner room so you could see the ocean out the bedroom lanai and the beautiful landscape out the family room lanai. Very clean and great service. I did notice that at that time they were working on about the 5th or 6th floor though. Don't know if the hotel is completlely remodeled yet?

The only problem we encountered was with the conceirge. We booked 2 activities with them and both were explained wrong!!

1) was a snorkel trip with PWF - she told us they stop at Molokini as well as at Lanai. Unfortunately the trip although very good only went to Lanai. The PWF trip that does both leaves out of Ma'alea harbor. Which would have been just fine if she booked us for that one.

2) was the OLL she told us to arrive no earlier than 30 minutes prior to the show!! WRONG - We had to park across the street at Long's and when we got in realized we could have come much earlier, enjoyed more drinks, take pictures, etc.

I can't comment on much else as like I said earlier we really didn't spend much time at the hotel. We never even used the pool. We are more the beach type!! We did make to the happy hour a couple times. It was a nice way to start the evening. I think I would say it is a solid 3 star maybe 4?

Hope this helps!! Enjoty

Mahalo

Mentioned in this post
Lanai
Lanai
Hawaii
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
65 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kaanapali beach club

thanks sounds great, i can't wait.

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kaanapali beach club

Aloha!

Staying there in late March.

Please do a trip report on your return!

Mahalo!

Bryan Brown

BBrown9825@aol.com

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
65 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kaanapali beach club

will do we leave in 21 hours i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,290 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kaanapali beach club

I also would love to hear how you like it. I stayed there June 2005 and like it and I will be going back this July. I am interested to hear how the new remodeled rooms turned out.

Also could you report on how the remodeling is coming along. I hope they are close to finsihing everything.

Alaska
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: kaanapali beach club

Anyone know how the beach is in front?

Thanks

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kaanapali beach club

Hi was just there in January. The place is fine. The food is really overpriced. Just go across the street to Star Market & get food, snacks, alchohol etc. The beach is pretty good. We watched whales all day. Went to the happy hour only once, it was ok. The only complaint I had about anything there was all the kids screaming in the pool. So basically avoided that area. Plus the pool is ICE COLD. The help there were wonderful. Example of price of food in snack bar is $12.50 for a hamburger & fries in plastic baskets & $7.50 for cocktails. But a 1/2 gallon across the street for $24.00 hope this helps.

9. Re: kaanapali beach club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 05:27