We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui at night for the mature crowds?

Malibu, CA
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Topic
Maui at night for the mature crowds?

We have been planning our week long Maui trip (67 days and counting!!) and looking for things to do in the evening. We plan to attend a Luau, but that is just one evening. We are in our 40's so not too interested in places that attract the younger crowd or families, but do enjoy great live music and fabulous drinks. Anyone have some personal experience with the Maui nightlife? Many thanks!!!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Molokini Snorkeling Adventure Aboard...
106 Reviews
from US$109.95*
Free Cancellation
The Feast at Lele: A Luxury Maui Luau
76 Reviews
from US$145.00*
Free Cancellation
Lanai Island Dolphin and Snorkel...
43 Reviews
from US$117.11*
Free Cancellation
Menifee, California
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui at night for the mature crowds?

Aloha!

I am in my 40's, too.

I would recommend:

Warren and Annebelle's Magic Show...we LOVE it...great evening of fun.

Kapalua Kai Sunset/Cocktail cruise...great views, intimate boat, romantic!

Hawaiian music and cliff diving at Sheraton

Hula Grill for sunset dinner and Hawaiian music

Kaanapali Beach Hotel often has Hawaiian music in the evening near the Tiki Grill if I remember correctly.

Bryan Brown

BBrown9825@aol.com

Mentioned in this post
Kapalua
Kapalua
Maui, HI
Maui Kai
Maui Kai
1,156 Reviews
Maui, HI
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
4,749 Reviews
Maui, HI
Washington
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui at night for the mature crowds?

1. The Feast at Lele. (Book early by phone and they will tell you what table you will be. Aim to avoid the first 2 or last 2 in the front row.) Thsi was our top experience. Dancing from several cultures, including a fire dance. Food from all of those cultures, nice variety. Best of all, table service and your own private table. Drinks are excellent! TAKe a cab home...

2. Have a drink at sunset with a view of the water at the Barefoot Bar (Hula Grill) or reserve early for a sunset view table at Leilani's upstairs.

3. Warren & Annabelle's is great. Go for the appetizer package. Request a table height table when you are seated. (Some groups are seated on living room style furniture and eat from a coffee table.) Food was good and so were the drinks.

4. I've heard good things about the Kaanapali Beach Hotel evening entertainment, but we personally didn't have time.

5. Next time, we will book a waterfront table at Kimo's in Lahaina for sunset and see what the evening brings for entertainment. You can always leave.

6. Just sitting on your lanai and relaxing watching the sunset is hard to beat!

Mentioned in this post
The Feast at Lele
The Feast at Lele
799 Reviews
Maui, HI
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
4,749 Reviews
Maui, HI
Kimo's Restaurant
Kimo's Restaurant
5,352 Reviews
Maui, HI
Lahaina
Lahaina
Maui, HI
Newport Beach
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui at night for the mature crowds?

I also recommend the Hula grill. Right on the beach an somtime have live music. They have a bar with great drinks.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
15,390 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui at night for the mature crowds?

Take a sunset sail!!!!! Then dinner somewhere casual near the water where there is music.

5. Re: Maui at night for the mature crowds?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 20:19