We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lahaina hotels.

Playa del Carmen...
4 posts
1 review
Lahaina hotels.

Aloha,

Hubby and I are coming to Hawaii for the 1st time in April.... without our 2 kids. Super excited..never left them... We've been together 15 years never did a holiday honeymoon. 💕And we just want to re connect as us again and not mom and dad for a day or 7....

My questions. I've booked our trip through Costco travel and we are staying at The Royal Lahaina... but I'm having second thoughts on if I chose the right hotel..

We don't plan on doing a lot and our not that big into large crowds.

As for our itinary so far we have ( if any tips tricks or stay away please don't hesitate to warn)

-a boat tour ( A.M departure as ive read it has calmer seas)

(Early departure to Lanai with Trilogy. As they give back to the community and I like that)

-Lots of sitting on the beach(es).

- go see the surise at 10,000 feet

- road to Hana

With possibly a zipline or plantation tour on the same day as the sunrise or road to Haha.

We really don't want a lot of kids running around but they are not ours so not a deal breaker.. or have it so crowded we have to shout ( I do enough at that when home lol )

But from what I am reading on TA Royal Lahaina is old not so crowded and on a good beach. But have the cabins been updated or the tower. Are the staff being treated better and as for the food is it decent. Price for taste. We do have a resort credit but not to sure how far it will go should I possibly switch hotels to something more Adult oriented quiet beautiful beach and rooms? Going for 7 days never been to Maui, or even Hawaii did Mexico with kids last year...

Besides that I'm hoping I can stop worrying about it and just wait till the day we leave and worry about the kids I suppose..

12 replies to this topic
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
14,777 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: Lahaina hotels.

First congrats on the trip! I LOVE my getaways with the hubby.

Second I don't think you should worry...sounds like you are coming after the busy family time (all places will have families) and you are on a fantastic beach area...I often hang in the area and love it!

I know the tower was updated and I think the cabins had been some too... someone may know more. You will want to go out and try other restaurants no matter where you stay. Make sure you have reservations if you want to do sunrise on Haleakala.

Scottsdale...
Level Contributor
2,990 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Lahaina hotels.

sewcute211

Relax, you made a good choice.

The pools are not fancy so they don't attract huge numbers of people looking for water slides etc. There is a small bar right there and often live music at happy hour. You are right on a great beach, lots of sand. good swimming and uncrowded - because it is hard to access if you are not staying there.

You are on the beach walk, very relaxing to walk. Go north for great snorkeling from the beach and access to beach bars such as Dukes. Go south to access the main Kaanapali beach when you want shops, restaurants, people-watching etc.

A large selection of the best snorkeling and other tours go from the main Kaanapali beach or from Lahaina a short distance away.

Playa del Carmen...
4 posts
1 review
3. Re: Lahaina hotels.

Oh, thanks I guess I need to look into this some more as we were planning on just driving up. Will look i to making reservations. Thank you.

Edited: 18 January 2018, 21:27
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
14,777 posts
47 reviews
4. Re: Lahaina hotels.

Unless you have reservations for sunrise... they will not allow you into the park before 7am. Look at the National Park website.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
14,777 posts
47 reviews
5. Re: Lahaina hotels.

And check out this thread

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29220…

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
91 posts
6. Re: Lahaina hotels.

You're on the teeny sub-Forum for Lahaina ... and in the future, you'll really want to post on the Island of Maui Forum. It incorporates all of the sub-Forums.

And ... the Royal Lahaina ... is not in Lahaina. It's in the Ka'anapali area north of Lahaina.

Do you have good maps of Maui? Real maps? The Island is a goofy shape, and the vast majority of accommodations are in West Maui (Lahaina, Ka'anapali and points north) or South Maui (Wailea or Kihei).

If you are coming around Easter ... and the Royal Lahaina fits your budget ... stick with it!

Have you reserved your car?

Go to the Island of Maui Forum and take a look at the Top Questions off to the right-hand side of the screen. There is an entry for "Maps" that has an offer for a free (and very nice) map that is mailed to your house/office.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
28,042 posts
109 reviews
7. Re: Lahaina hotels.

http://www.airmaui.com/FreeMap

Here is the link to get the free map of Maui mailed to you at home. I also just bumped up the thread for that free map, before I saw this thread! You can get other free maps once on Maui too. I like to get two of them. Once for in the condo/hotel, and one to stay in the rental car.

Do find the page for all of Maui. It would be worth your while, just to have a look through the top questions. Lots of information for you there. They are on the right side of this page, and they are easier to find if you are not on a mobile device.

Playa del Carmen...
4 posts
1 review
8. Re: Lahaina hotels.

Thank you. Yes the booking includes a car rental. I am planning on printing some maps off.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
23,100 posts
19 reviews
9. Re: Lahaina hotels.

You're in a great spot for a kid-free get away. There will always be a few but you'll find it very relaxing. Remember there are no "must-do's" on Maui...just what YOU want to do!

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
58 reviews
10. Re: Lahaina hotels.

We stayed at the Royal Lahaina in one of the cottages waaaaay back in 1991. They were really nice at the time. We watched them sorta run down over the next few years, but have read that they've been updated. We literally walked out of the cottage, through some hedges and were on the beach in no time. The stretch of beach there is one of the best of Ka'anapali Beach all the way down to Black Rock and all the way up to the Marriotts. Don't sweat it.

Reply to: Lahaina hotels.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted