We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip

Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
First trip

Want to pick one amazing excursion staying at kannapali beach hotel for oone week with rental car. Do not want to do sunrise at haneakala but was looking at road to hana one way car and back with helicopter worth it or better we will also want most amazing whale watch trip thinking ultimate tour up close and personal

5 replies to this topic
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
16,841 posts
54 reviews
40 helpful votes
1. Re: First trip

Are you saying you can only do one of those? If so I’d just drive yourself on the Road to Hana and then take the whale watch. A whale watch is a must in my books! Ultimate is a very good company.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
15,288 posts
45 reviews
135 helpful votes
2. Re: First trip

The RTH combination drive/helicopter would be pretty special ... but are you still concerned about motion sickness? https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g60630-…

A whale watch in January is a 'do not miss' activity for many ... but again, you'll need to have some good motion sickness meds ... suggest taking them the night before and the day of the tour.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,757 posts
3. Re: First trip

If motion sickness is an issue it is very easy to get air sick in a helicopters

You might try a bigger whale watching boat like Hawaii Ocean Project or Pacific Whale Foundation

They are bigger, more stable and go slower type boats

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,972 posts
9 reviews
14 helpful votes
4. Re: First trip

Getting out on the water is always special and since you're going to be there during whale season, a whale watch excursion is even more so. It's just impossible to over state who magnificent these creatures are. And for the potential to have a truly up close and personal experience, I'd recommend taking one of Captain Steve's Raft excursions.

http://captainsteves.com/

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
54,069 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: First trip

If I was very prone to motion sickness as you have indicated previously I would do one thing and that would be a whale watch. It's kind of like picking your poison. Definitely don't go to Hana unless you know drugging yourself will work!!

Reply to: First trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted