We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with a room.

Level Contributor
140 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with a room.

If anyone can help us with a room question we would greatly appreciate it. There will be the wife and myself as well as our two teenage daughters visiting and what we are looking for is a "split room". A room that has some division so there would be a little privacy. The idea of spending 8 days in a basic double bed room doesn't sound too appealing. A condo would be O.K. as well. We want to stay in the Kaanapali Beach area. Suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with a room.

I'd suggest looking into a 1br unit at the Whaler. Most units have sleeper sofas that would accomodate your daughters.

If your budget will allow, I'd also consider the Ka'anapali Ali'i. This is a very spacious luxury condo right in the heart of Ka'anapali beach. Units at this property sell for in excess of 3 million dollars, so the nightly rental rates are a bargain!

Check the reviews for both properties using the links on the left of this page, and check for the best rates on VRBO.com. For any privately owned property, I'd also highly recommend booking a unit that has been recently renovated/upgraded.

Level Contributor
2,278 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with a room.

How close to Kaanapali Beach?

If the property is NOT directly on the beach, you can save a little $$$ on the condo. A short walk and you would be there, but many prefer the units to be as close to the water as possible.

As suggested, a 1 BR condo would fit the bill. Some units in the Whaler have Murphy beds, but most have sofa beds in the living room.

vrbo.com is the place to research...

Good luck!

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with a room.

You may also want to see if any timeshare owners have something for rent.

Many of the units have dividers in the room (so I've heard). I actually found a Westin Kaanapali Ocean Villas owner to refer me for the timeshare promotion package (that is only for 5 nights) but he mentioned he owned 5 properties and rents them out.

There are many sites online where owners have listed their Timeshare units for rent and you can contact and make offers too rather then just accepting their listing price.

Ebay also is antoher place people list their property for the week.

For best location and the best price if not wanting a timeshare I'd suggest looking into the KBH . Here is the link for the rooms http://www.kbhmaui.com/resort/rooms.html and they have many packages that include breakfast and car rental.

We were definitly going to stay there if we hadn't found the promo deal for $749 (with 5nights and car) for the Westin.

New York
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with a room.

Do you want busy or quiet?

Whalers village is on a busy strip right in heart of Kaanapali...near Whalers Village, etc. Definitely great location!

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help with a room.

The Whaler in a 1 bedroom unit is a good choice as the location is great for teens.

I would also look at:

Kaanapali Beach Club...not in the center of Kaanapali Beach...about 1 mile north, but the 1 bedroom suites offer about 850 sq. feet of space, have a separate sleeping area for the adults, you get a FULL buffet breakfast for 2 each day, and the pool is HUGE.

ResortQuest Maui Kaanapali Villas...they have 1 bedroom units and the property is on a NICE beach, they have a good restaurant on-site, and the grounds are peaceful...again, this property is NOT in the center of Kaanapali Beach.

Maui Kai has GREAT oceanfront views, and you can get a 1 bedroom condo there...also NOT directly on Kaanapali Beach.

Bryan Brown

Level Contributor
82 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help with a room.

We will be staying at the Palms of Wailea by Outrigger, we are staying in a two bedroom 2 bath ocean view room. They are reasonable. Hope it helps.

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help with a room.

Whaler1 bed/2 bath worked great for us. Check VRBO. When are you going?

8. Re: Need help with a room.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 18:16
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question