We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stay at the partial ocean view at the Westin

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Streamwood, IL
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone stay at the partial ocean view at the Westin

We just got a great rate on it, can't really afford the ocean view, but wanted to know how this room's view was. I know it is a lower floor (like 4 or 5th floor).

Thanks

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stay at the partial ocean view at the Westin

The Westin spa and resort or the Westin Kaanapali ocean resort villas?

Jackson, California
Level Contributor
166 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stay at the partial ocean view at the Westin

We stayed at the Westin in 2003, first week stayed in an ocean view (view was awesome) then decided to extend our stay for 5 more days but had to move to a partial ocean view. Room itself was kind of small but very nice and view was filtered of the ocean but very nice of the waterfall area where the flamingos and birds are. I'd stay in it again, especially if it was a great deal.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,802 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stay at the partial ocean view at the Westin

IF you are talking about the resort ... I imagine that the room will be very small and fuuny-shaped. Sometimes "partial ocean view" (in any hotel) means that if you stand on your head in the corner of the lanai -- you can see water. Not always the case, I'm sure - but don't get your hopes up. Westin ... not our favorite, but they do have some good deals if -- well, you want a good location and the other stuff is not important.

Boston
Level Contributor
133 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone stay at the partial ocean view at the Westin

Your partial OV will have some palm trees obstructing your view, but it shouldn't be too bad. Be very friendly to the person at the front desk and perhaps they will upgrade you. Grace is always great to deal with and very friendly. Maybe you will get her to check you in. She gave us a great upgrade everytime we stayed there. We always had a great time there until they started the timeshare and it got too darn busy with the people there on the special deal of about $700 for five nights. I have such fond memories of my stays there. That was the first place I ever stayed at when I visited Maui for my first time 17 visits ago and eight years ago. Oh, how time flies. (sigh)

Hawaii
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone stay at the partial ocean view at the Westin

My 18 May 08 posting stayed in a partial ocean view @ The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas.

6. Re: Anyone stay at the partial ocean view at the Westin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 03:17