We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most romantic place for dinner

Oregon City, Oregon
Level Contributor
139 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Most romantic place for dinner

We are coming in August for our honeymoon, if you had to choose one really romantic place to eat with great food what would it be?

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,643 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most romantic place for dinner

how deep are your pockets?

activities-hawaii.com/maui/…

Actually for us, the most romantic (after 37 years) is cooking some fresh fish on the resort BBQ then eating on the lanai as the sun is setting...

your mileage may vary.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
534 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most romantic place for dinner

I have a sightly different twist on BrightonBill's

idea--

We love Kona coffee, bagels with guava jam, and local fruit on the lanai at sunrise. So wonderful....

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,569 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Most romantic place for dinner

LOL, Bill...come on...that's what us "oldsters" get to deal with (35 years OK!?)

For you...Mama's Fishhouse, Paia...lunch OR dinner. Let them know it's your honeymoon and they will treat you like royalty, hmm actually, come to think of it, they always do! Just make sure your credit limit is up to snuff! Check out www.opentable.com for reservations.

Congrats!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,048 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Most romantic place for dinner

baby -- scroll down through the Maui posts for the past month. YOur question is often asked - anniversary, birthday, honeymoon. Where are you staying?

Our favorite - Leilani's upstairs (ask for a seat toward the front).

Avoid like the plague: The Waterfront in Ma'alaea.

rhode island
Level Contributor
811 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Most romantic place for dinner

I have to agree with Mama0233, Mama's Fish House is the spot. They always treat you like you're on your honeymoon, and the ambiance inside the restaurant and the location cannot be beat, and the food is excellent too! Expensive,but worth every penny.

Maui
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Most romantic place for dinner

Sorry I would disagree with Momma's. Everything said is true but that place is packed. Very little intimacy to be had and that is probably the most expensive restaurant on the island.

I might pick Plantation House, Kapalua. Large open windows high on a hill overlooking the ocean. Booths for footsies and great for celebrity watching...ate there twice and saw Bill Murry one time and Joe Pesci the second time. So I think privacy is pretty good there. Prices are towards the higher end but well worth it.

My brain gets a little foggy from there. To me any restaurant with lanai seating and torches is romantic. My favorite restaurant is Maalaea Grill. I don't think either my wife or I would consider it romantic but it is where we sit. On the lanai under the torches. Soft lighting, tropical breezes, only four tables there, beautiful view, hot woman...and the best value for my pocket book on the island.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,048 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Most romantic place for dinner

Mama's -- has great PR, good food ... and is grossly overpriced.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,137 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Most romantic place for dinner

for a truly romantic honeymoon dinner you want an uncrowded place with great food -- wonderful service and a view/sunset you will remember for all time ---- capische? in wailea

Boise
Level Contributor
76 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Most romantic place for dinner

My husband and I very much enjoyed Sarento's on the Beach for our honeymoon last year. Great food, service and atmosphere. The prices are high here too but definitely worth it.

In my opinion, Mamma's Fish House is one to be skipped. We didn't find the food or experience worth the outrageous cost - we knew about the prices before we went in and were willing to pay due to recommendations. Unlike Mamma's, we felt that Sarento's totally matched the cost in every way. That was a romantic dinner!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
14,062 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Most romantic place for dinner

Capische. I did a review this past January; people really like it.

If you cannot afford that, I'd go for a picnic on your lanai (if water view) or on the beach at sunset.