We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction near Mahana

Winnetka, CA
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Construction near Mahana

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Mahana recently and what they thought about the construction of the Honua Kai next door. How noisy was it? Did it interfere with your stay?

I'm booking my honeymoon and am concerned about the noise.

Ohio
Level Contributor
289 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction near Mahana

We (mid-20's couple) just returned from Maui yesterday. We stayed @ the Mahana (BEAUTIFUL Unit #1017 --- booked through the owner www.stayonmaui.com -- check it out)

Yes, there is some MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR construction going on behind/next-door to the Mahana. I can only speak for our unit, but we NEVER heard a THING! It was almost freak-ish how quiet it was inside our unit!

You could hear SOME construction noise while at the pool (mainly beeping from trucks backing up), but it was not nearly as bad as we thought it would be (again, considering the size of the construction site!).

Also, keep in mind the hours the construction people work (we hadn't thought of this). Most of the constuction (actually, ALL the construction) seemed like it was taking place during the day while we were at the beach or exploring the island anyway. Many times, by the time we returned to the condo, the construction workes were done for the day! Absolute silence for the sunsets!

Bottom line: the Mahana is WONDERFUL, and don't let the construction noise (or lack of) scare you away!

Sherman, Texas
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction near Mahana

I am sitting on my lanai in the Maui Kai next door while I type this and would not even know construction was in progress except I saw it as we drove in. The noise is non-existent since it is on the opposite side of the building from the beach...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
269 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction near Mahana

we just returned from a trip to Maui and stayed at the Mahana. Our unit was in the building closer to the construction site. We, like other posters have noted, did notice the beep, beep of the trucks backing up from the construction site, but that was no big deal. The only noise we experienced was from construction going on in other units at the Mahana. I guess some units are undergoing renovation. Several times we could hear them grinding tile - or something that sounded like that around 9am. So when you arrive at the Mahana, you may wish to request a room away from units that are being worked on. Have a wonderful vacation!

4. Re: Construction near Mahana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 00:18