We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve?

Franklin...
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve?

Hi!

I posted a while ago, but wondering if anyone has heard about fun things to do on NYE? Do any hotels have any bands or gigs going on? TImba looks fun, but just wanting to see what else is out there. We'll be on our honeymooon and in our 30s. Thanks!

Maui and Michigan
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve?

My wife and I have been on Maui for New Year's Eve (and the surrounding week on both sides of that date) every year for the past seven years. We are unfortunately usually disappointed in the lack of special events on Maui for New Year's Eve. We also find that even the hotels and resorts that do have parties, don't have the plans ready or know exactly what they will be offering until about December 1.

So my advice is to call each of the major resorts in Kaanapali and Wailea during the first week of December, and ask them whether they will be having a band or entertainment or special dinners for New Year's Eve. The places to call on the west side are the Hyatt, Westin, and Sheraton. On the south side, call the Grand, Fairmont, and Four Seasons.

Jon

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
53,681 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve?

Aloha, Jon!

This was another one of the double posts we've been suffering from (not the poster's fault). Here's a link to the other answers given.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60634-i87-k318792…

Franklin...
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve?

Hi!

I have realized that I only need to post in one spot now...I'm sorry! And thanks to all for the advice! :)

4. Re: New Year's Eve?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2010, 05:30