We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far in advance to book the Old L luau ?

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eastern Connecticut
Level Contributor
267 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
How far in advance to book the Old L luau ?

We will be in Maui in low season (mid Sept) and wondering how much in advance we need to book this luau?

rhode island
Level Contributor
808 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far in advance to book the Old L luau ?

I would guess maybe 6 weeks? Before the economic downturn, I would have said 3 months. If it is something that you absolutely need to do, you can even book it now. They have a very generous cancellation policy which if I'm not mistaken lets you cancel up until the day before.

Lots of folks say there is no trouble getting in, but why take a chance? We just were there a few weeks ago, and I booked it 2 months in advance. We had good seats, and I will tell you that there were NO empty seats the night that we went. Good luck and have fun!!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,973 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far in advance to book the Old L luau ?

The earlier you book, the better your seats will be. It's first reserved, first served!!

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
397 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far in advance to book the Old L luau ?

Totally agree with msfuzz. We took TA advice and booked early (around 4 months!) and had the best seats! Middle section, front of table ... all because we booked early. Makes photography easier with an uninterrupted view.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How far in advance to book the Old L luau ?

Wow, thanks for the responses here... we're not going until June but I'm thinking I should hurry up and book ASAP to secure some good seats.

Mahalo!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
507 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far in advance to book the Old L luau ?

I just went to the OLL last week, and I can verify that you are able to cancel until 10 AM the day of the show. So what do you have to loose?

Go ahead and book NOW! Your seats will be better.

If you call them, they will just "hold" your credit card number as a guarantee. If you book on the web site, your card will be charged immediately.

Regardless, you may still cancel up until 10 AM the day of the luau.

It is also a good idea to call once you are actually on Maui to reconfirm your reservations.

McKinleyville...
Level Contributor
111 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far in advance to book the Old L luau ?

A tip - get table seating not mat seating :) We got mat seating last time we went and would have had a much better view and time with the table seating! :) Have fun!!

Eastern Connecticut
Level Contributor
267 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How far in advance to book the Old L luau ?

Thanks for all your helpful tips!

8. Re: How far in advance to book the Old L luau ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2010, 06:17