We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurants in Maui

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Best Restaurants in Maui

Going to Maui for 10 days at the end of Aug-Sept. and I'm looking for some restaurant suggestions. Love eating great food and I am used to some ridiculous prices living in NYC.Looking at places like David Pauls Lahaina Grill, Mala's Ocean Tavern, Son'z Maui at Swan Court, and Hula Grill to name a few. If anyone has any feedback on these places or any suggestions it will be greatly appreciated.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,241 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurants in Maui

Jeff --

Start by reading down through the Maui Forum, as we talk about restaurants CONSTANTLY. A wealth of information for you.

Also - tell us where you are staying ....

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurants in Maui

Hi there,

The Hula grill inside is OK and the restaurant at the Westin Hotel

are about the same in price averages and was very good service

of an evening. Would not hesitate to be there again IF possible.

All the best,,..K/B.....

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurants in Maui

Sorry I'm kinda new when it comes to this. I tried searching for previous threads but wasn't finding what I was looking for. We are staying at the Maui Four Seasons.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
735 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurants in Maui

Since you're staying at the FS, try Nick's Fishmarket and Spago - both continually get good reviews and have pretty diverse menus with lots of pacific rim options. Both have awesome appetizers.

If you haven't been, Mama's in Paia has some of the freshest (and priciest) fish around. A table outside or on the rail is pretty stunning as they are just off of the beach.....

And one of my favorites is Merriman's in Kapalua. Peter Merriman is into local, sustainable and organic ingredients, and I have never had a bad meal there. In fact they were so good that my wedding reception was held there and EVERYONE was blown away by the food. Truly incredible and has gorgeous views - it's the site of the old Bay Club and has almost all water views - ask for a table outside or on the glass rail - it's gorgeous!

Have a great trip and please write us at least a food review if not a trip review when you return!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,241 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurants in Maui

I know it's frustrating ... so I just scroll down. There is alot of good info to be had.

Since we know where you are stayin, folks can recommend places that are somewhat convenient. Are you going to be headed toward West Maui any time??

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,769 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Restaurants in Maui

A couple of the best restaurants on the island can be experienced without ever leaving the 4S where you are staying. Ferraro's offers wonderful dining oceanside, and Duo is marvelous. Capische is also an excellent choice in South Maui. Mulligan's on the Blue is a great casual lunch, and their dinner show with Willie K is not to be missed!

All of the restaurants you mentioned are great, but in West Maui. Great meals but you won't want to be driving up there every night from Wailea. When you do go to West Maui, consider also Merriman's Kapalua. Perfect storm of location, food, and service. Outstanding wine list as well.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,438 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Restaurants in Maui

Check out the restaurant section in this list of websites. Of note, www.mauihawaii.org is a really nice Maui guide for everything including restaurants:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29220-s2/Maui:Hawaii…

New Jersey
Level Contributor
292 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Restaurants in Maui

I read somewhere that there are $1.00 oysters. Anyone know where this is??

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,659 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Restaurants in Maui

Your list is mostly in Lahaina and you are staying in Wailea, a long ways away.

Besides the restaurants in the Four Season's which are the best in the area, I'd look at Nick Fishmarket, Joe's, Cafe O'Lei & Sansei.

If you are going to Lahaina for the day I'd look at Merriman's or Plantation Grill first, followed by Lahaina Grill and David Paul. Son'z is elegant in a nice setting, but the food is more innovative at the others above. Hula Grill doesn't belong in the group.

New Albany, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Restaurants in Maui

We'll be at the 4S the same time. Aug 24-29 then head over to west maui..

Here are places we go every year...

Sea house

Pineapple grill

plantation house

Maui brewing co - for the beers

lahaina grill

I'O and/or Pacific'O

This year, we're going to Dukes (been to the one on oahu) and merriman's (been to the one on the big island)

Get answers to your questions about Lahaina
Recent Conversations