We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sea doo help please...

San Diego...
Level Contributor
367 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
sea doo help please...

Hi. We are going to Maui Oct 15th with 2 teen boys. They would like to ride Sea Doos one day. Can anyone recommend a good place? Know where I can get coupons for better deals? Thanks!

Washington
Level Contributor
263 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sea doo help please...

The only place on Maui I have ever seen sea doo rentals is in Kaanapali just south of the Hyatt. Check the activity books at the airport to see if they have any discount coupons.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,343 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sea doo help please...

Do your guys know that all you get to do is ride around and around in a "Track" out on the water? Not exactly thrilling.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,339 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sea doo help please...

I'm assuming you are talking about jet ski's? If this is the case, then yes, the only place where they are allowed is in Kaanapali. They restrict where you can ride and I have been told it's just one big circle. Not something that is wildly popular on Maui. After the 15th of December, all these thrill craft are prohibited around any waters of Maui due to the whales.

La Costa, California
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sea doo help please...

Have your kids ever tried snorkelling? :)

Dave

San Diego...
Level Contributor
367 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sea doo help please...

lol about the snorkeling...yes! but they like jet skiis too. ;) and exploring falls, hiking, golfing, etc...I just thought it would be fun to treat them to something they weren't expecting but love to do. thanks for all of the replies....

Maui
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sea doo help please...

Remember they each need to be 16 with a valid drivers license to drive their own ski. It can be pretty fun though, even in a small little circle.

Modesto
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: sea doo help please...

A few years ago, I think the boys were 16 and 13, we added that to their activity list. I should clarify that with THEY added that to their list. Yes, it was just around course out in the bay, but they loved it and rated it above snorkeling, even snuba diving! I think it was due to that age,,,the 16 yr old could drive his own, but I drove with the 13 yr old. They really enjoyed being picked up on the beach by the Hyatt and taken out into the bay, and they took pictures of us coming around each time on the track. I know it's not that big of a deal, but if it keeps young teens happy,,Mom's happy.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
367 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sea doo help please...

okay...good point on the age thing. They don't have their license although old enough. Too bad! :/

Modesto
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: sea doo help please...

I don't recall them requiring a driver's license, and they certainly didn't ask for one, just the 16 yr old age limit to drive one. The younger one could have been a passenger with older brother, but he chose me instead,,,Good Boy! :)

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
52,132 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sea doo help please...

Aloha,

They do require a driver's license........the insurance is $$$ and it was one way to reduce the cost (for the company) a little. It's Pacific Jet Sports. Check out their website for any discounts--be warned it's an expensive thing, though.......how about zip lining instead? It's not cheap but pretty fun and no DL required, LOL!