We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aloha Hawaiian Vacations - Inclusive Package

Waterville, Ohio
3 posts
Save Topic
Aloha Hawaiian Vacations - Inclusive Package

I am wanting to plan a trip to Maui and ran across an all inclusive package through the Aloha Hawaiian Vacations. Has anyone ever used them to book this package? If so, are they trustworthy?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
48,210 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aloha Hawaiian Vacations - Inclusive Package

Why use a sight unseen internet agency? And what do you mean by all-inclusive?? There are no all-inclusive resorts on Maui. Do you mean hotel, car, flight??

Why not go to a travel agent and look at packages through Pleasant Holidays or United Airlines, American, AAA or such? Are you a member of Costco?

Picking vacations off the Internet through unknown sources is dicey at best ... which I sense you realize. Here today, gone tomorrow.

Waterville, Ohio
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aloha Hawaiian Vacations - Inclusive Package

If you go to google and put in all inclusive Maui vacation, you will see this website listed. it included airfare, 6 nights at the Royal Lahaina, breakfast, dinner, luau, dinner cruise, car, and a few other things. I get same response from everyone....no such thing as an all inclusive package in Hawaii. I checked the company with BBB and they had a A+ in addition to being in business since 1982 with Corporate office in North Carolina with expansion to Hawaii in1993.

Yes, I am skeptical and that is why I contacted a local travel agency. I was just curious to see if anyone had any experience with this business.

Thanks for your response.

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aloha Hawaiian Vacations - Inclusive Package

One of the great benefits of vacationing in Hawaii is that you are still in the US. Most people rent a car and there are lots of restaurants to choose from at many price points. You can probably do any of the activities that an all inclusive would offer on your own. Maui is easy to navigate and you can go at your own pace, whatever that may be.

I guess if you were traveling from a foreign country and didn't feel comfortable driving or speak the language I could see the draw, but otherwise, what is the benefit? It is not the same mentality as in Mexico or the Caribbean where you stay on one property the whole time and it is surrounded by a fence and armed guards. Are you feeling overwhelmed with all the planning? Trip Advisor is a great resource for planning your trip. When are you planning on coming?

Socal
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aloha Hawaiian Vacations - Inclusive Package

What we usually think of as "all-inclusive" is a single resort where one price covers all activities. You won't find that on Maui.

So what's really happening here is that the agency is simply taking care of all the odds and ends, negotiating rates for meals, etc. and creating a package. That's all it is, we are just talking semantics.

They may be good or bad, I don't know. What I would do is look at the components of the package and then check the websites for the hotels, cars, etc. and see if you could do better.

Packages for rooms, air and cars are very common and easy to find and compare.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,851 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aloha Hawaiian Vacations - Inclusive Package

If that is what you want then go for it.

Their version of all inclusive is they decide where you stay, where they want you to eat, which luau to attend, size of car and who to rent it from.

Personally I would just do my own package because I do not want to be tied down to anything specific at a timetable but not everyone is the same. I have not heard anything bad about this company and I am sure they fill a niche.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
48,210 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aloha Hawaiian Vacations - Inclusive Package

I agree with nesdog ... and find out where they are feeding you, LOL!

Calgary, Ab
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aloha Hawaiian Vacations - Inclusive Package

Toni, their buisiness plan is intriguing (and good work on the BBB). They seem to package up a Royal Lahaina room with what appears to be tour group buffet breakfasts and dinners, and throw in a few activities for one total price. You can even deduct $$$ if you supply your own airfare. Not sure if it's done anywhere else on Maui as an individual purchase. As pamperedschaaf said, most people here on TA would rather plot their own course....but if it's realistic, this deal would make for an interesting trip report.

Calgary, Ab
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aloha Hawaiian Vacations - Inclusive Package

Actually it seems you can eat in the RL restaurants for two meals during operating hours. Must be a voucher of some sort.

Socal
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aloha Hawaiian Vacations - Inclusive Package

FWIW, why not call them and ask the questions? How do you put together your packages? Do you work with a consolidator to get deals? Do you have contacts at the hotels to work meal plans?

If they are legit, you should get reassuring answers and some clarity as to their processes. If they won't tell you anything "it's a trade secret" I'd run. And I'd tell them that too.

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aloha Hawaiian Vacations - Inclusive Package

I think you can book your own resort, flight and car rental and get to Maui for a less. If you are wanting to stay at the Royal Lahaina and it includes breakfast then maybe ?? We didn't want to spend a lot of $$ on a resort because we were going to be gone pretty much everyday site-seeing.

I would call some other resorts and compare, check airfare and car rental prices (priceline and bid low on the car rental).