We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

post-wedding dinner

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
post-wedding dinner

After a sunset wedding on Pooleeanana Beach, we are planning a dinner for 6 in the vicinity of Lahaina, where the parents are staying. The bride and groom will later head to Kapalua. Any comments and recommendations will be helpful.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
51,178 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: post-wedding dinner

Aloha,

Since you won't be eating till after dark, view will be less of a factor, though some of these suggestions will still have a nice evening ambiance & stars.

Some possibles would be: Pacific O, David Paul's Island Grill, Duke's Honua Kai, the Plantation House, Merriman's.

How many people, what kind of food, budget would help us help you better!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: post-wedding dinner

There will be 6 of us, and our food tastes are extensive. Fresh and tasty are the basic requirements. As for budget, we're happy to consider a range of prices. Thanks.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
51,178 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: post-wedding dinner

Aloha,

Then the only one I might take out is Duke's. Their dinner choices aren't as extensive as the others.

Highest will be Merriman's; Plantation and Pacific O will be about the same, David Paul's higher but not as high as Merriman's.

Iowa
Level Contributor
75 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: post-wedding dinner

Lahaina Grill is a great place for a nice dinner. Excellent service and wonderful food. It is right in Lahaina.

Arizona
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: post-wedding dinner

I prefer the food at Merriman's over the Plantation place. The quality of the ingredients was, no joke, the best food I've ever had.

If you go, you absolutely MUST get the white chocolate-filled malasadas with caramel dipping sauce for dessert. Trust me.

6. Re: post-wedding dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2012, 05:38