We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Lahaina versus Ka'anapali Beach Hotel

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
303 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Lahaina versus Ka'anapali Beach Hotel

Can get these two for a similar price, any thoughts on which would be better? Couple in our early 30s, looking for a nice stretch of beach that won't be too crowded (more beach people than pool but a nice pool would be a plus as well). Also want good eating options that aren't too expensive or far for breakfast and lunch, will likely splurge a bit more for supper. Fridge in room would be great to help out with breakfast especially. And any other on-site amenities or shows that you think would make one a better choice over the other. Thanks!

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
303 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Lahaina versus Ka'anapali Beach Hotel

Also if one has less kids than the other that might help us decide too! Thanks.

Everett
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Lahaina versus Ka'anapali Beach Hotel

Better beach at KBH and close to Whaler's Village for reasonable food. I've been there in winter, spring, and summer and there were an average amount of kids in spring and summer, but hardly any in the winter.

Seattle
Level Contributor
361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Lahaina versus Ka'anapali Beach Hotel

I'm a huge fan of the Royal Lahaina - will be there for the 3rd time in 12 months starting next week. The beach is definitely less crowded - I've been out there at 9 AM and the beach is almost empty.

The pool at RL isn't anything great, so you don't get a lot of kids. There is a fridge in the room, and while the breakfast is very good, it is a bit on the spendy side. CJ's deli is close by as an option, and Whaler's Village is roughly a 10 minute walk away.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
303 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Lahaina versus Ka'anapali Beach Hotel

So that's one vote for each so far, anyone else want to weigh in??? Thanks guys!

Waunakee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
89 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Lahaina versus Ka'anapali Beach Hotel

KBH gets my vote, will be going next week for the 6th time. Just love it!

Everett
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Lahaina versus Ka'anapali Beach Hotel

It will be my 6th stay at KBH when I arrive there in two weeks.

Bayside, New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Lahaina versus Ka'anapali Beach Hotel

Never stayed at Royal Lahaina but did stay at Kaanapali Beach...

It was very nice, clean, friendly staff, convenient to town.

My only complaint was the pool was kind of small. There were kids there but I don't remember it being overrun by families.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Lahaina versus Ka'anapali Beach Hotel

Rooms are better at Royal Lahaina but I happen to like the stretch of beach and the overall atmosphere at the KBH more.

KBH gets my vote.

rhode island
Level Contributor
808 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Lahaina versus Ka'anapali Beach Hotel

KBH gets my vote, too! We'll be there for our 7th time in May. Staff is awesome and can't beat the location.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
303 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Lahaina versus Ka'anapali Beach Hotel

Are you allowed to use loungers on the beach in front of either of these hotels? That would make a big difference to us!!!